Fasting

Van_Muddlestein

• Members

So tonight starting at midnight I'm going to do a 3 day fast. Nothing but water til midnight on Sunday. I'm going to blog about the whole experience throughout. I'm both nervous and excited. It's not about health or anything really other than the personal challenge.

Anyone ever done it before? How'd it go?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I did 11 days one time.. I did do it for health as i was having and still do to some degree, some health issues that may or may not kill me one day.. But anyway, I did it as part of a body cleanse as I was seeing a wholistic practitioner rather than standard western medicine which did nothing for me but cost me money. The first 3 or 4 days are the hardest.. And to be honest, I think your experience will kinda suck because its for sure the worst part.. But after the first few days, I really did not have any hunger and the real benefit or experience of fasting became more apparent.. And for sure I felt different and my mind entered a different state.. I'm not a religious man, so when I say it became spiritual, it has nothing to do with God or any other divine being, but having a real awareness that I hadn't experienced.. You really do become more in tune with your body and surroundings.. I'm glad I did it, and honestly I started eating again just because I knew it had been long enough, but not because I was starving.. And I know some health disadvantages can happen when one goes too long..

I don't think I will do it again for that long, but I do take a day fast every month or every few Weeks to kinda give the digestive system a break..

• Members

yeah-- i've done it. it's not so bad, so long as you keep drinking lots of water and don't do a whole lot. it's a good start to sorta blow out the cobwebs and get the {censored} out of your system. three days is about enough to fully wipe you out of energy though-- so hopefully you don't have a lot planned.

juice fasting.. holy cow.. friend of mine did that. he really seldom left the can.. just kept blowing {censored} out. :lol:

why you doing it?

• Members

yeah-- i've done it. it's not so bad, so long as you keep drinking lots of water and don't do a whole lot. it's a good start to sorta blow out the cobwebs and get the {censored} out of your system. three days is about enough to fully wipe you out of energy though-- so hopefully you don't have a lot planned.

Total opposite experience.. Well not really, but the not having energy I didn't experience.. First 3 days are the worst, for sure.. If you are a drinker of coffee, soda, tea,.or alcohol you will get the headaches from not having caffeine and be generally a bit short tempered from the alcohol withdrawal, but after that i felt actually fairly energetic and worked myy labor intensive job the entire time... I guess we are all different.. And as far as weight.. I wasn't overweight so I only went from 165 down to 159, so I didn't even really lose any weight..

• Members

Total opposite experience.. Well not really, but the not having energy I didn't experience.. First 3 days are the worst, for sure.. If you are a drinker of coffee, soda, tea,.or alcohol you will get the headaches from not having caffeine and be generally a bit short tempered from the alcohol withdrawal, but after that i felt actually fairly energetic and worked myy labor intensive job the entire time... I guess we are all different.. And as far as weight.. I wasn't overweight so I only went from 165 down to 159, so I didn't even really lose any weight..

i was DEFINITELY a caffeine nut at the time, and ran around constantly in my mid 20's at all of a buck fifty and not a lotta body fat.. i just burn fast, i guess, and being broke, i ate less.. so i hit caloric deficit pretty much a day in, so i got way hungry. after a coupla days, i was just wiped, and without caffeine, i was full bore into withdrawal headaches too.

end result was really good, tbh-- but i think a lot of it probably just came from taking a break and slowing the {censored} down. :D

• Members

juicing =/= fasting.

fasting

present participle of fast

Verb:

Abstain from all or some kinds of food or drink, esp. as a religious observance.

Shut the {censored} up you ignorant pile of {censored}. :love:

• Members

fasting

present participle of fast

Verb:

Abstain from all or some kinds of food or drink, esp. as a religious observance.

Shut the {censored} up you ignorant pile of {censored}.
:love:

That's a great definition indeed. "abstain from all or SOME kinds of food" :lol:

Hey I haven't eaten cake in 3 months.. wow I am fasting :lol:

Juicing is not really fasting, your body is still getting nutrients, calories, sugars etc... it's just switching from solid food to liquid food.

• Members

That's a great definition indeed. "abstain from all or
SOME
kinds of food"
:lol:

Hey I haven't eaten cake in 3 months.. wow I am fasting

Juicing is not really fasting, your body is still getting nutrients, calories, sugars etc... it's just switching from solid food to liquid food.

No {censored} assface, just admit you were wrong so I can touch myself :lol:

• Members

No {censored} assface, just admit you were wrong so I can touch myself

yeah except that Im right.

Fasting is depriving your body from nutrients below whats needed to perform its most basic functions.

Juicing is simply putting fruits through a blender. Wow how hard :lol:

• Members

yeah except that Im right.

Fasting is depriving your body from nutrients below whats needed to perform its most basic functions.

Juicing is simply putting fruits through a blender. Wow how hard

you don't make juice in a blender you {censored}, you make juice with a juicer.

brb gonna go make some toast in the microwave.

• Members

you don't make juice in a blender you {censored}, you make juice with a juicer.

brb gonna go make some toast in the microwave.

juicer, blender, your mom's underwear as a filter... I don't care what you used for your little girl's diet. It still doesn't change the fact you were not even close to fasting.

• Members

juicer, blender, your mom's underwear as a filter... I don't care what you used for your little girl's diet. It still doesn't change the fact you were not even close to fasting.

Arguing over personal definitions of terms on the internet, a very fruitful endeavor. :lol:

Archived