Strat mods , before & after

fretless

• Members

it's 1 and 3 and 3 is the voice of God

i dunno.. i like strats, but they're not my guitar at all. i do love 'em clean though, and i'd be sad to lose the combos. not sure why anybody'd use the middle pickup by itself though :p mebbe if you install an invisible one under the guard and break the middle selector position off.. :D

• Members

i dunno.. i like strats, but they're not my guitar at all. i do love 'em clean though, and i'd be sad to lose the combos. not sure why anybody'd use the middle pickup by itself though
:p
mebbe if you install an invisible one under the guard and break the middle selector position off..
:D

I agree the middle by itself is weaksauce but I don't have that problem any longer. The middle now is both on and a big improvement over the old switching .

• Members
yeah Dude as per that " strats suck" thread yours was the inspiration
:love:
Hey did you notice I lifted the neck from the tone pot
:thu:

I like what you've done. Nice touch on lifting the neck pu from the tone pot. :thu:
I'm thinking of adding a toggle switch that puts the pickups in series with a 50% fixed volume cut on the neck pu. I'm still figuring on what value resistor to use.

• Members

I like what you've done. Nice touch on lifting the neck pu from the tone pot.
:thu:
I'm thinking of adding a toggle switch that puts the pickups in series with a 50% fixed volume cut on the neck pu. I'm still figuring on what value resistor to use.

Thanks man !

hmm... perhaps a mini pot that will let you dial it right in , then measure that for it's value or leave it and goop it to the pg .

• Members

That's pretty bad ass , though it has one too many for me
:cop:
With time spent with both types of pups they really do have a similar vibe . In fact I bet a blind A/B test would confuse everyone .

I agree two would look better.The guy I'm getting it from says it is super quaky.

Archived