Vinnie Vincent + Mark Slaughter

Nick H

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought this album as a whole was pretty damn good. Of course you could call this Slaughter with Vinnie Vincent as well. I wish Mark would have done some real power metal. I could totally hear him singing over some Nocturnal Rites/Angel Dust/Firewind type stuff or even along the lines of Anubis Gate.

Listen to this. Its his first band back in 81-83ish, its not that good really, terrible production, but interesting none the less.

• Members

DON'T YOU {censored}ING LAUGH AT ME!!!

Youtube
Fly to the Angels
by "Slaughter" (please, how lame is that?) . Hyperglycemic lyrics + non-consentual rectal-breach vocals for the absolute worst "powerballad" of all time.

OMG, has to be teh post of teh day! LULZ!!!

• Members

If I saved just one person from listening to this bile, I feel my rants have not been in vain. Sounds like mission accomplished.

Let me be perfectly clear: OP called Slaughter "'80s Metal". That's what got me going. Slaughter is to metal what Twilight is to horror movies.

Mark Slaughter singing Power metal? That's like booking the Mike Tyson vs. Richard Simmons fight.

And as for VVI, I actually saw them perform "Shoot You Full of my Love" on stage. Facepalms all around. I can only see that song having value as a litmus test: any cum-guzzling, sperm-burping, gutter-slut that shows up backstage after hearing that, you should never {censored}.

• Members

If I saved just
one person
from listening to this bile, I feel my rants have not been in vain. Sounds like mission accomplished.

Let me be perfectly clear: OP called Slaughter "'80s Metal". That's what got me going. Slaughter is to metal what Twilight is to horror movies.

Mark Slaughter singing
Power metal?
That's like booking the Mike Tyson vs. Richard Simmons fight.

And as for VVI, I actually saw them perform "Shoot You Full of my Love"
on stage
. Facepalms all around. I can only see that song having value as a litmus test: any cum-guzzling, sperm-burping, gutter-slut that shows up backstage after hearing
that
, you should
never
{censored}.

Dude Slaughter is 80s metal, because thats how metal was in the 80s. You had glam metal bands and you had thrash metal bands, those were the two sub genres of metal at that time. People get all pissed when we call them metal because they think "Oh, metal is bands like Slipknot, Mastodon, Disturbed and Avenged Sevenfold", when that {censored} didnt even exist in the 80s! Its unfair to determine whats "metal and "not metal" if yourcomparing something from a completely different time. No Slaughter isnt "metal when being compared to today's br00tz stuff, hence the name "80s metal".

• Members

If I saved just
one person
from listening to this bile, I feel my rants have not been in vain. Sounds like mission accomplished.

Mark Slaughter singing
Power metal?
That's like booking the Mike Tyson vs. Richard Simmons fight.

And as for VVI, I actually saw them perform "Shoot You Full of my Love"
on stage
. Facepalms all around. I can only see that song having value as a litmus test: any cum-guzzling, sperm-burping, gutter-slut that shows up backstage after hearing
that
, you should
never
{censored}.

Bro, I love ya' but you must be off your meds. The only reason Mark would not work in a power metal band, by your argument, is that he is associated with 2 hair rock bands. Separate the association and he had a great voice for ACTUAL metal. He had a good balance of stupid high range as well as a tinge of dirt to his vocals.

• Members

VVI sucked balls.

Slaughters first couple albums were decent, bbut would've been better had Mark Slaughter NOT been in the band.

Also, Slaughter should not be billed as a metal band. They were more along the lines of "general rock", even at the time. They just had some cool guitars and a drummer who could spin a mean stick (in fairness, he is a great drummer, but is known for the spins/flips)

• Members

Dude Slaughter is 80s metal, because thats how metal was in the 80s. You had glam metal bands and you had thrash metal bands, those were the two sub genres of metal at that time. People get all pissed when we call them metal because they think "Oh, metal is bands like Slipknot, Mastodon, Disturbed and Avenged Sevenfold", when that {censored} didnt even exist in the 80s! Its unfair to determine whats "metal and "not metal" if yourcomparing something from a completely different time. No Slaughter isnt "metal when being compared to today's br00tz stuff, hence the name "80s metal".

You fail so hard!!! Please tell me you are trolling.

You, yes, YOU, are going to attempt to school me on metal??? I don't know wether to laugh or cry! Keep telling me what was going on "at the time", like you were there.

What a joke. I'm old enough to be your grandfather. I have metal T shirts older then you are. I've had more anal then you've had {censored}. Yet you are going to bring Avenged Sevenfold into an arguement about '80s metal? That would be like me telling my grandfather P-38s are just like F-4s, when he flew both!

What cheek!

If HCAF were Beavis and Butthead, you would be Stewart.

Too harsh?

• Members

VVI sucked balls.

Slaughters first couple albums were decent, bbut would've been better had Mark Slaughter NOT been in the band.

Also, Slaughter should not be billed as a metal band. They were more along the lines of "general rock", even at the time. They just had some cool guitars and a drummer who could spin a mean stick (in fairness, he is a great drummer, but is known for the spins/flips)

Just because theyre showey doesnt mean they arent great musicians. There was alot of pressure from the labels/promoter to be showey back then.

• Members

You fail
so hard!!!
Please tell me you are trolling.

You, yes, YOU, are going to attempt to school
me
on metal??? I don't know wether to laugh or cry! Keep telling me what was going on "at the time", like you were there.

What a joke. I'm old enough to be your grandfather. I have metal
T shirts
older then you are. I've had more anal then you've had {censored}. Yet you are going to bring Avenged Sevenfold into an arguement about '80s metal? That would be like me telling my grandfather P-38s are just like F-4s, when he flew both!

What cheek!

If HCAF were Beavis and Butthead, you would be Stewart.

Too harsh?

Dude, go to any mp3 website, click on metal, then click on "pop metal", "glam metal" or "80s metal", whichever one is there, and whether you like it or not, Slaughter will still be there.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=node%3D625011011&field-keywords=slaughter

• Members

:facepalm:

Probably not a good idea to try and explain eighties metal to people that actually lived through it. You may (once again) prove to be talking out of your ass.

• Members

Probably not a good idea to try and explain eighties metal to people that actually lived through it. You may (once again) prove to be talking out of your ass.

Boosts are the same as attenuators bro, just cheaper. :lol:

• Members
Bro, I love ya' but you must be off your meds. The only reason Mark would not work in a power metal band, by your argument, is that he is associated with 2 hair rock bands. Separate the association and he had a great voice for ACTUAL metal. He had a good balance of stupid high range as well as a tinge of dirt to his vocals.

With all due respect, in my opinion, he had the worst voice in the genre. Sure, he had the range, no doubt. But to me, his timbre was awful. His delivery was just.....

No, I have stated my opinion enough. I will never like his voice. If I want stratospheric highs, I'll go with Halford. Or genre specific, there's this.

[video=youtube;F-nyeiKk35M]

Yes, it's tho thweet, but HOLY {censored} that guy could hit it!!! That last note is just......damn!!!:eek:

• Members

Who gives a {censored} of you lived through the 80s? If theres one thing that I know about, its 80s metal, because I actually listen to it! You guys are coming into this thread sayin, "Oh Slaughter is {censored}, I wont even listen", and then claim to know all about them and everything else to do with 80s metal.

• Members

Who gives a {censored} of you lived through the 80s? If theres one thing that I know about, its 80s metal, because I actually listen to it! You guys are coming into this thread sayin, "Oh Slaughter is {censored}, I wont even listen", and then claim to know all about them and everything else to do with 80s metal.

I'm also an expert on WWII because I watch the History channel.

• Members

I like this kid

Hes telling some of you haters to SHUT THE {censored} UP and get a life, and dont waste so much time hating on music :poke:

I like that :lol:

• Members

Dude, go to any mp3 website, click on metal, then click on "pop metal", "glam metal" or "80s metal", whichever one is there, and whether you like it or not, Slaughter will still be there.

"Dude", I don't have to click on mp3 sites (and STEAL {censored}), to listen to 80's metal. I have it on LPs, cassettes, and DVDs. I didn't buy them used, I bought them when they came out.

{censored}, I'm late for work.

Work. That thing you do with a spatula. Or a fry station.

• Members

Slaughter wasn't 80's metal bro. 80's metal: Priest, Maiden, Ozzy, Queensryche, Saxon etc etc.

Slaughter was glam rock and metal fans did not really liked them.

• Members

You {censored}ing r-e-t-a-r-d. Seriously. I listened to Slaughter at the time. Hell, I watched the Headbangers Ball every week, they plastered Slaughter everywhere so I had no real choice. (Don't let that fool you, the Ball went soft pretty {censored}ing quickly when Rikki Rachman took over hosting. Triple Thrash Threat to let the real headbangers have a draw and the rest of the night all the same {censored} they played all day anyway.)

I still listen to eighties metal blended in with a healthy dose of modern stuff. Don't {censored}ing TELL me you know 80s metal better than me you little bitch. I'm not one of your sixteen year old butt buddies that will bow down and worship you just because you say so. You've been proven to be utterly full of {censored} every time you open your mouth, and now that you're on a subject I actually give a {censored} about? No chance at ALL that I'm gonna back off and let you believe you actually have a clue.

Archived