Vinnie Vincent + Mark Slaughter

Nick H

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Slaughter wasn't 80's metal bro. 80's metal: Priest, Maiden, Ozzy, Queensryche, Saxon etc etc.

Slaughter was glam rock and metal fans did not really liked them.

Then what about the terms "Hair Metal" Glam Metal" and "Pop Metal", they didnt invent themselves. I listen to all of the bands you listed, yet I still like Slaughter. And what about bands like Guns N Roses and Skid Row, they were "glam", but does that mean they arent metal?

btw, "glam rock" is referring to the 70s wave of glam.

• Members

You {censored}ing r-e-t-a-r-d. Seriously. I listened to Slaughter at the time. Hell, I watched the Headbangers Ball every week, they plastered Slaughter everywhere so I had no real choice. (Don't let that fool you, the Ball went soft pretty {censored}ing quickly when Rikki Rachman took over hosting. Triple Thrash Threat to let the real headbangers have a draw and the rest of the night all the same {censored} they played all day anyway.)

I still listen to eighties metal blended in with a healthy dose of modern stuff. Don't {censored}ing TELL me you know 80s metal better than me you little bitch. I'm not one of your sixteen year old butt buddies that will bow down and worship you just because you say so. You've been proven to be utterly full of {censored} every time you open your mouth, and now that you're on a subject I actually give a {censored} about? No chance at ALL that I'm gonna back off and let you believe you actually have a clue.

You dont have to believe me, I dont give a {censored}, you think Slaughter isnt Metal, here it is! The prof is right in front of you!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=node%3D625011011&field-keywords=slaughter

Let me guess, Amazon is full of {censored} and talking out of their ass too right???

• Members

Then what about the terms "Hair Metal" Glam Metal" and "Pop Metal", they didnt invent themselves. I listen to all of the bands you listed, yet I still like Slaughter. And what about bands like Guns N Roses and Skid Row, they were "glam", but does that mean they arent metal?

See, this is why we say you had to be there. Hair metal was a term invented to try and make the glam scene appeal to the teenies. "It's metal! It's scary! It'll piss off your parents!"

And the other side of this is you don't get that there was a LOT of subgenre {censored} going on outside of thrash and glam. A LOT.

But still, you should STFU since you insist on not listening to even those that are trying to be polite with you. I have no interest in the polite approach, because you've already proven you're utterly stuck in know-it-all teenageritis.

• Members

404870.jpg

• Members

See, this is why we say you had to be there. Hair metal was a term invented to try and make the glam scene appeal to the teenies. "It's metal! It's scary! It'll piss off your parents!"

And the other side of this is you don't get that there was a LOT of subgenre {censored} going on outside of thrash and glam. A LOT.

But still, you should STFU since you insist on not listening to even those that are trying to be polite with you. I have no interest in the polite approach, because you've already proven you're utterly stuck in know-it-all teenageritis.

There were a few sub-genres outside of Glam and Thrash (ex. Death metal, rap metal, progressive metal).

Just because you hear all the ballady pop hits on the radio doesnt mean, thats what the entire bands catalog is! Listen to "Eye to Eye" by Slaughter or "Uncle Tom's Cabin" by Warrant, All you know about Warrant is "cherry Pie", "Sometimes She Cries" and "Heaven", you dont bother listening to any of their other stuff. Ill give you a hint that thats where the "Metal" in "Glam Metal" comes from.

• Members
There were a few sub-genres outside of Glam and Thrash (ex. Death metal, rap metal, progressive metal).

Just because you hear all the ballady pop hits on the radio doesnt mean, thats what the entire bands catalog is! Listen to "Eye to Eye" by Slaughter or "Uncle Tom's Cabin" by Warrant, All you know about Warrant is "cherry Pie", "Sometimes She Cries" and "Heaven", you dont bother listening to any of their other stuff. Ill give you a hint that thats where the "Metal" in "Glam Metal" comes from.

STFU you stupid {censored}. I OWN Warrant's catalog, the first Slaughter album, Skid Row's early albums, HELL, I {censored}ing listened to that {censored} just as much as the death metal I was into at the time. Don't {censored}ing TELL me I don't know what I'm talking about.

STFU. And also, thank you billy:

404870.jpg

• Members
STFU you stupid {censored}. I OWN Warrant's catalog, the first Slaughter album, Skid Row's early albums, HELL, I {censored}ing listened to that {censored} just as much as the death metal I was into at the time. Don't {censored}ing TELL me I don't know what I'm talking about.

STFU. And also, thank you billy:

404870.jpg

So in short, Slaughter(/Glam Metal) isnt metal in your opinion, but it is in everyone else's opinion.
And yet you are right and everyone else is wrong?

• Members

So in short, Slaughter(/Glam Metal) isnt metal in your opinion, but it is in everyone else's opinion.

And yet you are right and everyone else is wrong?

Do you see anyone else in this thread agreeing with you {censored}wad?

{censored} it, I'm done. Eat {censored} and die kid. We'll all be better off. Right now you're just sucking up oxygen.

• Members

{censored} it, I'm done. Eat {censored} and die kid. We'll all be better off. Right now you're just sucking up oxygen.

No.

But I do see people agreeing with me in almost every other metal website on the internet.

But go ahead and leave, this thread was for people who love this kind of music anyway.

And I am sucking up oxygen,

I need it to breathe.

• Members

Wait, I thought you were the adult...

and he was the silly teenager...

What happened?

:lol:

• Members
Why are you all arguing over what genre Slaughter was?
92664478-facepalm.gif

It should be called MTV rock....there!

This whole argument is stupid,
Even if "hair Metal" wasnt considered "Metal", there are still tons of Hair Metal bands crossing over into the metal genre, ex. Guns N Roses, Skid Row, W.A.S.P., Every Mother's Nightmare, Wildside, XYZ, Pink Cream 69, Leatherwolf, the list goes on and on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H9mlVXiAVA&feature=related

• Members

I think part of the problem is that you care too much about the label of a band. Especially ones put on by retail websites.

Amazon does not make a band "metal."

Van Halen was not coined as metal. most "hair meta"l is derivative of Van Halen, only typically softer. Therefore, it is also not metal.

a band such as Blue Murder, sure, their first record I'll say it gets the "metal stamp", a couple ballads, but generally pretty metally.

Tesla, often thrown in with hair metal, is not "metal." Excellent rock band. a couple fantastic guitar players, good solid line up, great tunes. Doesn't make them metal.

Skid Row's "Slave to the Grind", I'd call it metal, what the hell.

GNR, Nasally {censored}-rock. Not metal.

By what the OP is trying to tell us is that just because they are called "**** metal", that means that they are actually a heavy sounding band.

How does he lose?

2 words, often seen with 9 arms and 10 legs.

Def Leppard. Pop band. Not metal.

• Members

I think part of the problem is that you care too much about the label of a band. Especially ones put on by retail websites.

Amazon does not make a band "metal."

Van Halen was not coined as metal. most "hair meta"l is derivative of Van Halen, only typically softer. Therefore, it is also not metal.

a band such as Blue Murder, sure, their first record I'll say it gets the "metal stamp", a couple ballads, but generally pretty metally.

Tesla, often thrown in with hair metal, is not "metal." Excellent rock band. a couple fantastic guitar players, good solid line up, great tunes. Doesn't make them metal.

Skid Row's "Slave to the Grind", I'd call it metal, what the hell.

GNR, Nasally {censored}-rock. Not metal.

By what the OP is trying to tell us is that just because they are called "**** metal", that means that they are actually a heavy sounding band.

How does he lose?

2 words, often seen with 9 arms and 10 legs.

Def Leppard. Pop band. Not metal.

All the bands I posted above your post are most definately metal.

Nowhere in this thread did I mention Def Leppard, their first two abums were metal tho imo.

Edut: Van Halen were around before the whole Hair Metal thing came out, "Hair Metal" when it first came out was centered around bands such as Motley Crue, which are pretty much as heavy or less than Van Halen

• Members

What did I miss?

Sacred cow burger. Internet Doctorate of The Metallic Know-it-All. Teenage bhz. Nightflamage. BillyPwnage. Tons of videos for "Exhibit A."

Nothing you read on the internet can excuse lyrics like "Heaven awaits your heart, and flowers bloom in your name..." delivered by a voice that sounds like his anus is being converted from standard to metric with razor wire.

{censored} Slaughter.

Believe me, if I didn't already abhor everything I've heard of him, why would I ever even consider subjecting myself to more?

"Hey, that's a funny colored flame, wonder if it's hot???"

EEEEEEEEEYYYYAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, still hot.

• Members

From 1988:

!BdOhzSw!mk~$(KGrHqUH-DEErQMhy7+dBK38Ztf

Back in the 80s (yes, I lived through them), the line between hard rock and metal was blurred. Most people listened to all of it anyway. Even if you hated Cinderella or Bon Jovi, you listened to them because your girlfriends did. The few who were really anal about labels were thrash fans who went around calling people fags and posers. :rolleyes:

• Members

What did I miss?

Sacred cow burger. Internet Doctorate of The Metallic Know-it-All. Teenage bhz. Nightflamage. BillyPwnage. Tons of videos for "Exhibit A."

Nothing you read on the internet can excuse lyrics like "Heaven awaits your heart, and flowers bloom in your name..." delivered by a voice that sounds like his anus is being converted from standard to metric with razor wire.

{censored} Slaughter.

Believe me, if I didn't already abhor everything I've heard of him already, why would I ever even consider subjecting myself to more?

"Hey, that's a funny colored flame, wonder if it's hot???"

EEEEEEEEEYYYYAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, still hot.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Members
From 1988:

!BdOhzSw!mk~$(KGrHqUH-DEErQMhy7+dBK38Ztf

Back in the 80s (yes, I lived through them), the line between hard rock and metal was blurred. Most people listened to all of it anyway. Even if you hated Cinderella or Bon Jovi, you listened to them because your girlfriends did. The few who were really anal about labels were thrash fans who went around calling people fags and posers.
:rolleyes:

Looks like the magazine to subscribe to after your sub to Tiger Beat ran out. And you outgrew your training bra.:cop:

Yes, it was pretty blurry then.:lol:

• Members

I was 16 in 1985 and there were 2 types of music that kids listened to, metal and new wave. VH, Metallica, Dokken, Ratt, Def Leppard, ACDC, QR, Motley Crue, etc were all metal. Near the end of the 80's it started to become broken up in hair metal, deth metal, etc. Whether it is Slaughter or Storm Troopers of Death, it is one type of metal or another.

Archived