no cable = happiness

sleewell

• Members

cancelled my cable a few months back. freaking love it. i have had cable my entire life so i was kinda nervous but so far so good. been reading a lot, gardening more, playing more guitar, listening to more music, spending more time outside with my dog - basically living life more. now instead of throwing the 60+ bucks down the drain each month i buy dvds which is something i'll have forever. the only drawback is sports, but luckily i have a sweet neighborhood bar that my buddy manages so i get real cheap if not free beers.

anyone else living cable free?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yeah if i could just buy fox sports detroit for like 5-10 bucks i would be all over that. but my bar is literally blocks away and they have much nicer tvs than i do, more beers on tap and hot waitresses so its working for now. i was there on weds for the tigers game and my tab came to 8 bucks, and i bought all my buddies drinks too. hahaha.

• Members

Cable free since 08. Hulu and Netflix takes care of anything we want to watch. My turning point was the day I came home from work and my 2 yr. old had found a way around parental blocks and was staring wide eyed at BET. We cancelled the next day. Now we just watch what we want when we want to watch it and best of all, much less time watching commercials.

• Members

yeah if i could just buy fox sports detroit for like 5-10 bucks i would be all over that. but my bar is literally blocks away and they have much nicer tvs than i do, more beers on tap and hot waitresses so its working for now. i was there on weds for the tigers game and my tab came to 8 bucks, and i bought all my buddies drinks too. hahaha.

Gahhhhh that would be sweeeeet. I have a bar across the street that seems legit, but can't work from there :lol:

or could I....

• Members

My history with cable:

First I installed in my house only and hacked it to the guest house.

Then, I decided to cancel it. Called Time Warner and requested the cancellation. They stopped billing me, I returned the DVR etc... but they forgot to turn it off so I still get all channels. That was 2 years ago :lol:

I am really cable FREE. :lol:

• Members

I cancelled cable when I moved into my current house about a year ago. I went from a Comcast cable/internet package for about $100 a month, to Clear wireless internet for $40 a month, and my wife streams TV shows onto her laptop through Netflix and Hulu. I don't really watch TV.

Archived