Finished my SG-X make over lol

guitarbilly74

• Members

first off, I know this is not going to be for everyone's taste, but I'm stoked!! Besides, that's kind of the whole point so hate away :)

When I first got it, looked kinda like this (generic picture)

sgi001.jpg

A little investment in some chrome/mirror parts and it now looks like this:

sgx2.jpg

sgx1.jpg

:love::love::love:

and of course, the "classic" picture:

sgxc.jpg

:lol:

• Members

I was a bit skeered the mirrored pickguard was going to give us a horrifying glimpse of "lil billy."

Thankfully, no.

While I wouldn't rock a mirrored pickguard, I'm not guitarbilly. The guitar looks pretty badass man.

• Members

are you going to join a Judas Priest cover band?
Just kidding man... that thing looks pretty sweet! one of the few SG's i like

Aaaaahhh yeah. I knew someone would catch on that and it was quick :lol: .

No, I'm not joining a JP tribute band but YES, huge GT fan here. Also the reason my other main guitar is a Hamer (not his sig model though :cry: too 'spensive :cry:)

• Members

Aaaaahhh yeah. I knew someone would catch on that and it was quick

No, I'm not joining a JP tribute band but YES, huge GT fan here. Also the reason my other main guitar is a Hamer (not his sig model though
:cry:
too 'spensive
)

dude i've always wondered what his sig model plays like... it seems like it'd be so comfortable to play

• Members

Aaaaahhh yeah. I knew someone would catch on that and it was quick

No, I'm not joining a JP tribute band but YES, huge GT fan here. Also the reason my other main guitar is a Hamer (not his sig model though
too 'spensive
)

dude i've always wondered what his sig model plays like... it seems like it'd be so comfortable to play

• Members

7e7ea907.jpg

yep :love:

This {censored} is {censored}ing cool man. I definitely built this to be a stage guitar. When you're playing live, a lot of people listen with their their eyes. You bring some flashy, cool {censored} on stage, they dig it.

On one of my most recent gigs, I was setting up my {censored} and as soon as I started piling up my full stack this "rocker"type of chick looks at it and says "oh hell yeah!! Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! This is gonna ROCK!!" :lol: before we even played a single note. People like excess {censored} when they go to rock shows. It may sound ridiculous, but it's {censored}ing true.

This was actually in a small venue so I kept the top cab disconnected the whole night, it was just there for show :lol: but they still thought it was awesome :lol:

• Members

yep
:love:

This {censored} is {censored}ing cool man. I definitely built this to be a stage guitar. When you're playing live,
a lot of people listen with their their eyes.
You bring some flashy, cool {censored} on stage, they dig it.

On one of my most recent gigs, I was setting up my {censored} and as soon as I started piling up my full stack this "rocker"type of chick looks at it and says "oh hell yeah!! Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! This is gonna ROCK!!"
before we even played a single note. People like excess {censored} when they go to rock shows. It may sound ridiculous, but it's {censored}ing true.

This was actually in a small venue so I kept the top cab disconnected the whole night, it was just there for show
but they still thought it was awesome

So true.

Archived