STP's No.4 - which amp?

Gammelpeter

• Members

i just love the no.4 album. Hell, i love every STP record. I just saw the metal evolution doc on grunge and how STP are rated a second generation grunge band and i got a little pissed.

STP is so much more than a creed or candlebox. Just try to play an STP song without getting trapped in an impossible to figure out chord.

• Members

http://www.belowempty.com/bandinfo.php?s=equipment&p=dean_deleo

No.4 (1999)

When asked what kind of guitars he used for "No.4", Dean tells Guitar Magazine: "I have a great '67 Tele that I always use. It's my first Tele, and it's appeared on all the records. All of my guitars are really from the late '50s and '60s. I have a Les Paul Special with P-90s in it that I absolutely adore." As far as amps go, he adds: "VHT and my Demeter. And I split that. When I am tracking, I try to run as many amps as I can. I like to mic up a 4x12, an AC-30, and maybe a little Blackface. I can pick and choose that way. If I want to reintroduce a tone on a different part, but the track is great, I can just have the amps on three different tracks and bring that other sound in for a chorus. But it's not like a dub-over. That works out really well. You still get the beauty of the track, but you get the tonal change."

• Members

i love STP, his toan is great. if wieland could have kept his act together they could have been crazy big, but the music they did make was just awesome.

Weiland owes the DeLeos and Kretz big time for {censored}ing up countless times. I love STP, but {censored} Weiland and his druggie lifestyle.

• Members

Weiland owes the DeLeos and Kretz big time for {censored}ing up countless times. I love STP, but {censored} Weiland and his druggie lifestyle.

agreed 100x man, sucks to keep {censored}ing your bandmates and fans over like that. its {censored}ty that some of the most crazy talented people get distracted with drugs and booze - hard to say what really could have been without those childish distractions.

• Members

I don't get Slash putting down Dean's sound on an article on GuitarOne (now folded). I mean, I get it, you're Slash, but why slag another fellow guitarist's tone?

Slash....lol.

{censored}ing cartoon character endorsement whore.

• Members

Slash....lol.

{censored}ing cartoon character endorsement whore.

This. Go {censored} yourself, Slash. DeLeo's tones and playing are INFINITELY more interesting and satisfying than Slash. Oh, blues scale wanking through a Marshall, how creative. :blah: He isn't half the musician that Dean is.

• Members

Just try to play an STP song without getting trapped in an impossible to figure out chord.

lol -- I've cursed/marvelled at Dean on more than one occasion when trying to figure out one of their songs.

Love the tone for the solo in this one -- more clean than dirty. So {censored}ing awesome. :love:

[video=youtube;vVD0JVnsXXw]

Archived