Alternatives to gibson flying V

halford

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I see those cherry Gibby Vs in every GC for like 700 bucks. I don't know what the hell that is, or why it's cheap... I don't do Gibson.

Probably faded cherry. Street price is $1000. Gave $800 for son's, about 2 years ago. Used = $500ish ? Not a bad guitar. A much better guitar with BG Smoke Stacks.

P1040449.jpg

+1 for the Reverend. Great guitar. Put a paper bag over the headstock, and rock the fuck out of it.

Never seen one in person but, Hamer makes a V, and in general, USA Hamers are very good, Korean Hamers, good, great bang for the buck.

• Members

Did they make these with block inlays?

also, i noticed some have binding .... are they the high end ones?

I'd be kind of leary of the Flying V in that auction. Says it's a '03 Gibson but there's no serial number on the headstock. Also one pic has a blank TRC and one pic has a Gibson TRC.

• Members

Did they make these with block inlays?

also, i noticed some have binding .... are they the high end ones?

Do you mean like this:

V_custom_white.jpg

They are the nicest of all the V's - but they are customs, and are priced like the LP Customs.

They have the better pickguard, control layout, string-though tailpiece, lower square shoulders (like the originals), and full binding.

You would be extremely lucky to find one for under $1,500 here in the states, not sure what your chances would be in NZ.

• Members

Probably
faded
cherry. Street price is $1000. Gave $800 for son's, about 2 years ago. Used = $500ish ? Not a bad guitar. A much better guitar with BG Smoke Stacks.

P1040449.jpg

+1 for the Reverend. Great guitar. Put a paper bag over the headstock, and rock the fuck out of it.

Never seen one in person but, Hamer makes a V, and in general, USA Hamers are very good, Korean Hamers, good, great bang for the buck.

Gibson blew those out a few years ago through musicians friend for $450. I bought one but ended up selling it. Was a nice guitar.

• Members

Probably
faded
cherry. Street price is $1000. Gave $800 for son's, about 2 years ago. Used = $500ish ? Not a bad guitar. A much better guitar with BG Smoke Stacks.

P1040449.jpg

Yeah, that's the one. It's cheap and the one I played seemed decent. Why are these so cheap for a Gibson?

• Members

There isn't a huge diference in price. Faded is $950. Thought it was $1,000 but, just checked MF. The regular V is $1,200. So, $250 diference in street price. The finish on the faded has less steps, takes less time to do. Also, the one we got came with a gig bag instead of a case.

• Members

Sorry to hijack your thread with your help....Santa Cruz....yeah, it's
very
different (Go Banana Slugs!!!) and very,
very
, liberal.
:lol:

No Gibby dealers in your country? NZ, right?

Born and raised in Santa Cruz, favorite place evar. :)

• Members

Do you mean like this:

V_custom_white.jpg

They are the nicest of all the V's - but they are customs, and are priced like the LP Customs.

They have the better pickguard, control layout, string-though tailpiece, lower square shoulders (like the originals), and full binding.

You would be extremely lucky to find one for under $1,500 here in the states, not sure what your chances would be in NZ.

oh wow

drooling_homer.gif?w=314&h=360

• Members

Do you mean like this:

V_custom_white.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

Do you mean like this:

V_custom_white.jpg

That white V looks better than buttsecks. WANT!!!

Archived