I did a cool mod on my SG-X last night

guitarbilly74

• Members

I replaced the 2-way mini DPDT switch (for coil split) with a 3-way DP3T switch so now I have series, parallel and coil split. I am really stoked about the tone of the DiMarzio Super Distortion in parallel for clean sounds, it sounds really clear and 3-D, the split gives me more a traditional single coil tone while the series wiring is the full blown humbucker tone. This is a really cool mod for a single pickup guitar. Takes 5 minutes to do and adds a LOT of versatility.

CSB.

:love:

• Members

I just got a Douglas Spad Pro for my doomy project. It had a 5 way super switch, so I get full bridge, split bridge, dual humbucker, split neck and full neck. The split neck sound is the fuxking greatest neck pickup sound ever. I don't know why more manufacturers don't do this out Of the box with their 2 hum guitars. Sounds fantastic.

• Members

An SG-X with a Super Distortion sounds like a killer combo!!! I loved the one I had in my Agile.

It's awesome. I've been wanting that guitar since it was first released in the early 90's but at the time I was too broke to be able to afford anything (college kid :lol:) and then I kind of forgot about it. But I recently found one for cheap on my local CL and bought it and it's everything I'd hoped it would be. Love the 24 fret neck and the simple electronics. I swapped the stock pickup for the Super Distortion and the tone is just perfect now.

The cool thing about playing a basic guitar like that is you really get to use everything on the guitar, I never cared for coil split or even a tone knob, but now that I only have one pickup, I use it all the time. The HB in parallel with the tone rolled off a bit gives me a perfect "neck pickup" tone for slow leads, the coil split is great for cleans. It's really cool to get all these tones from such a simple guitar. This is going to be my main guitar for a LONG time.

• Members

It's awesome. I've been wanting that guitar since it was first released in the early 90's but at the time I was too broke to be able to afford anything (college kid
:lol:
) and then I kind of forgot about it. But I recently found one for cheap on my local CL and bought it and it's everything I'd hoped it would be. Love the 24 fret neck and the simple electronics. I swapped the stock pickup for the Super Distortion and the tone is just perfect now.

The cool thing about playing a basic guitar like that is you really get to use everything on the guitar, I never cared for coil split or even a tone knob, but now that I only have one pickup, I use it all the time. The HB in parallel with the tone rolled off a bit gives me a perfect "neck pickup" tone for slow leads, the coil split is great for cleans. It's really cool to get all these tones from such a simple guitar. This is going to be my main guitar for a LONG time.

God, you got me wanting one real bad now....

• Members
It's awesome. I've been wanting that guitar since it was first released in the early 90's but at the time I was too broke to be able to afford anything (college kid
:lol:
) and then I kind of forgot about it. But I recently found one for cheap on my local CL and bought it and it's everything I'd hoped it would be. Love the 24 fret neck and the simple electronics. I swapped the stock pickup for the Super Distortion and the tone is just perfect now.

Hell yeah! Sounds like the exact reason I play my Tele so much. Found the tone knob and learned how to use it. Never really did that on my old guitars. It's amazing what kind of range you can get from these simple guitars. :rawk:

• Members

Hell yeah! Sounds like the exact reason I play my Tele so much. Found the tone knob and learned how to use it. Never really did that on my old guitars. It's amazing what kind of range you can get from these simple guitars.
:rawk:

Hell yeah!!! A Tele is next on my list :thu:

Archived