NAD: VHT D60

ej

• Members

Clips sounds great! It is actually funny how little these go for and how high end they actually are...

But the loop thing is something one should adress. I'd hope Fryette would get a mk II deliverance with a loop. Still you can go for a kasha amplifiers rock mod thing (replaces the final preamp tube with another one plus inserts a loop there, or a master volume or a gain stage. footswitchable...no moding required).

I thought the same when I bought mine, I think I paid around $800 for it, and it was 99.5% mint!!

It seems like I remember reading something about having a loop would effect the tone in a way Fryette didn't want to or something along those lines, back before these were released years ago...which kinda sounds like jedi wizardry nonsense, but honestly I think the amp is perfect as-is.

Being a guy who never really uses effects anymore though.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The orange channel on a sig:x is extremely close to a D60, which is a major reason I bought the sig:x. I wanted the deliverance tone but wanted more flexibility on the fly.

I sat in a room with Steve Fryette and some killer guitar players as we did an A/B/C comparison of the D120, D60 and Sig:X and Steve did this exact thing, dialing in a Sig and Deliverance to sound the same and there is some common ground and you can get them to sound close if you put them side by side and your goal is to just make them sound like, the voicing is different enough that if you want the Deliverance sound, you need to buy the Deliverance. That's why I have the D60 and not the Sig.

• Members

I sat in a room with Steve Fryette and some killer guitar players as we did an A/B/C comparison of the D120, D60 and Sig:X and Steve did this exact thing, dialing in a Sig and Deliverance to sound the same and there is some common ground and you can get them to sound close if you put them side by side and your goal is to just make them sound like, the voicing is different enough that if you want the Deliverance sound, you need to buy the Deliverance. That's why I have the D60 and not the Sig.

I guess I could have worded it better. The sig is close enough to a deliverance for my purposes, but I tend to favor multi channel amps. And like pv_impact said above, he and I have never sat down and really compared the two, so I'm saying that based on memory alone. I wouldn't suggest that anyone who wanted a deliverance to get a sig unless the deliverance being a single channel amp was a deal breaker for them. It's a compromise, I guess. The sig can get close to a deliverance, but it can also do all the other chit that a sig can do and all the other chit matters quite a bit to me.

Also, I'm not suggesting that a deliverance is a one trick pony or anything.

• Members

some single-channel amps can be limiting but the Deliverance is not one of them, it's extremely dynamic and it cleans up really well when you roll back the volume on the guitar.

This. Even boosted it cleans up real nice

• Members

I guess I could have worded it better. The sig is close enough to a deliverance for my purposes, but I tend to favor multi channel amps. And like pv_impact said above, he and I have never sat down and really compared the two, so I'm saying that based on memory alone. I wouldn't suggest that anyone who wanted a deliverance to get a sig unless the deliverance being a single channel amp was a deal breaker for them. It's a compromise, I guess. The sig can get close to a deliverance, but it can also do all the other chit that a sig can do and all the other chit matters quite a bit to me.

Also, I'm not suggesting that a deliverance is a one trick pony or anything.

Gotcha... this I agree with.

Thanks for not being the grammar police. I think I ran on about 5 fragmented thoughts and sentences there...

• Members

Agreed, I did the same thing with my old Sig:X and my buddy's D120. We both thought the D120 crushed the Sig:X, it's close tone wise but it doesn't have the dynamic feel and punch that the Deliverance has. Hard to explain but if you've A/B'd them you know what I mean. Both are great amps though they're just different.

• Members

i have an Ultra Lead and a D60, and even if i like the UL's feel more(immediate feel of whatever you play,extreme clearness, perfect blending of a raw and hifi sound), in overall"organic" sound, thickness and punch the D60 sounds better, feels more robust at medium-high volumes....at super high volumes the UL smokes it however

Archived