NAD: VHT D60

ej

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Depends on your guitar/pickups. For instance, with my EMG guitars I don't boost my D60, but with my Charvel w/ Anderson H3 it sounds really great boosted with a tubescreamer.

As soon as I tried it with a boost I understood why :love:

Been running it in Less mode boosted and its AMAZING. Workin' on a clip

• Members

are you kidding me.. it sounds epic!

What kills me is just how punchy and responsive it is in the room. Its amazing.

Honeymoon phase and whatnot, but I'm very stoked about this amp.

• Members

I never could find an amp that could get as heavy/organic sounding but a Deliverance. Is there a Fryette that does Delieverance tone with a footswitchable clean channel?? like a Sig X?? or no??

Have not tried a Sig X...

OD out front brings the D60/D120 to life!!

• Members

I never could find an amp that could get as heavy/organic sounding but a Deliverance. Is there a Fryette that does Delieverance tone with a footswitchable clean channel?? like a Sig X?? or no??

OD out front bring the D60/D120 to life!!

clean channels are for pussies.

• Members

The Sig:X is pretty damn close...and all 3 channels can be played like a single-channel amp!

• Members

Clips sounds great! It is actually funny how little these go for and how high end they actually are...

But the loop thing is something one should adress. I'd hope Fryette would get a mk II deliverance with a loop. Still you can go for a kasha amplifiers rock mod thing (replaces the final preamp tube with another one plus inserts a loop there, or a master volume or a gain stage. footswitchable...no moding required).

• Members

The orange channel on a sig:x is extremely close to a D60, which is a major reason I bought the sig:x. I wanted the deliverance tone but wanted more flexibility on the fly.

• Members

That will never happen.

Why not? Unless it would caniballize sales from the other fryettes (honestly why is the sig:X so close in price?) or the design of the master volume-PI interaction is so critical it'd choke the amp to put anything in between? I read somewhere that it kind of happens for the SLO circuit for example.

• Members

I jammed to this weeks drum jam with the VHT. Kinda sucks but who cares, the tone is sweet.

Sounds nice man!!

I remember getting mine and thinking I'd never need to boost it as well, but it takes to it so well!!

When I had it cranked in a band setting though, I always ran it dry, and loved it...

Archived