Companies that charge more than they should just because the have a name.

soilent

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let me give an example, since some of you disagree:

Apple iphone 4s, 16gb = $199

Apple iphone 4s, 32gb = $299

32gb Micro SD card for Android phone = $17.08 on Amazon.

Apple charges $100 for just a memory upgrade. If you think paying $100 is fine for a $17.00 product, I don't know what to tell you.

• Members

Apple charges $100 for just a memory upgrade. If you think paying $100 is fine for a $17.00 product, I don't know what to tell you.

:lol:

apple definitely over-charges, but so does every other smart-phone manufacturer that is at the top of their game.

also, spotify ftw, no need for gbs

• Members

:lol:

apple definitely over-charges, but so does every other smart-phone manufacturer that is at the top of their game.

also, spotify ftw, no need for gbs

Meh, I like listening to my own collection from the hardware itself.

The difference with the other phone mfg's is that, they give you the choice to upgrade your phone for that $17.00, instead of having to buy a more expensive phone.

• Members

Fender - I still think they make great stuff but its usually about $200 overpriced.

Gibson - These guys make {censored}. You never know what your going to get unless you spend a lot of money. Their {censored} is like $400 overpriced.

Gretsch

Martin

Taylor

• Members

I got the apple email this morning.

phone.jpg

If you think paying $200 for a $50 is fine then I don't know what to tell you. :p

• Members

Back to cars, Mercedes have that over expensive, upper class thing in the UK too. But my 1999 A class has 177k, petrol engine, auto and is meant to be one of the most unreliable cars you can get. But, it's been in the family 10 years and has yet to have any major failures. In fact, I just brought it back from Germany last week back to the UK. It doesn't miss a beat.

My previous Ford Mondeo, toted as ultra reliable and super cheap to fix ws the wort piece of {censored} I ever owned. And it cost me a {censored}ing fortune.

My neighbour's C Class Merc is a similar story to mine. When my A finally dies, I'm definitely staying Mercedes. It's a higher outlay. But you're not making friends with the mechanic!

• Members

phone.jpg

If you think paying $200 for a $50 is fine then I don't know what to tell you.
:p

You have to look at total cost. I priced an iPhone and a HTC recently. With total cost of ownership hitting nearly

• Members

phone.jpg

If you think paying $200 for a $50 is fine then I don't know what to tell you.
:p

Okay, so you don't see something wrong there?

You're comparing the latest evo 4g lte with an iphone 4, not a 4s. Not only that, but the fact remains, you have to pay $100 more and buy another phone for a simple memory upgrade.

By the way, did you know that the iphone 4s isn't even 4g??

• Members

more than they "should"? What's this? The USSR?

Every company (and individuals) should charge as much as people are willing to pay for their products and services.

If tomorrow someone offers me double the money to do the exact same {censored} I do today, I am accepting it in a heartbeat. I am not going to say "wait, I think you are paying me too much"

Also, becoming a "name brand" is neither easy nor free. If these companies employed the correct marketing investments and strategies to become a brand name, they are more than entitled to reap the benefits of doing so.

• Members

Okay, so you don't see something wrong there?

You're comparing the latest evo 4g lte with an iphone 4, not a 4s. Not only that, but the fact remains, you have to pay $100 more and buy another phone for a simple memory upgrade.

By the way, did you know that the iphone 4s isn't even 4g??

I didn't pay attention and I was actually just messing messing with you. I use an android myself.

I do stand by my statement with regard to computer hardware though, at least on the high end of things. I've spec'd out many systems and the prices are remarkably similar when configured the same.

That said, I still use PCs more often than Macs but I can't say that one is any better than the other.

Archived