YT: HD Kemper Profiler Demo videos!

Valtiel

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

{censored} yeah man, showing my AXE FX ass friends this!!!

I don't get all the butt hurt here?

I've never seen a "{censored} Marshall mesa kicks their ass" or a "Screw Gibson Fender rules"

I don't understand all of the 12 year old mentality I see here regarding the Axe Fx?

why do any of you even care?

I have an Axe II and I love it, but if someone hands me a Kemper tomorrow and I like it better, I'll use it

I've never seen so many people take a product so "personally" before ??????

I don't get it.

back to the OP

clips sound killer really liked the Recto clip and the Black star, the other clips sounded great too but not tones I'd personally probably use (although that last one is interesting)

• Members

I don't get all the butt hurt here?

I've never seen a "{censored} Marshall mesa kicks their ass" or a "Screw Gibson Fender rules"

I don't understand all of the 12 year old mentality I see here regarding the Axe Fx?

why do any of you even care?

I have an Axe II and I love it, but if someone hands me a Kemper tomorrow and I like it better, I'll use it

I've never seen so many people take a product so "personally" before ??????

I don't get it.

back to the OP

clips sound killer really liked the Recto clip and the Black star, the other clips sounded great too but not tones I'd personally probably use (although that last one is interesting)

I think the flack over competition is because since 2007, snax boys said everything else sucks. Get a POD, GSP or 11R and they went "lol"

What goes around I guess.

My lead player has the Kemper and Snax II and by far KPA just sounds better. Doesn't matter if tone-matched block or whatever. KPA has a more amp and real cab with room distinction in the tone, feel, and dynamic the snax doesn't.

I like the snax fx too, the II is sweet, but If I was in the market.. its KPA this round. $300 or more cheaper and there is over 2000 amp profiles not including pro quality paid versions coming and the quality of those are fantastic.

I'm glad to see new bars being raised and other products challenged. That is good imo. The banter and debate and crying games and butthurtz I just laugh at it all. It's very childish and reading this {censored} from grown men is LULZZZZZZZZZZZ at its best. TGP modeling area is full of lulz. Every other topic is snax related even when the topic has no mention of it. Talk about fanboys. Worse than any other musical product made.

• Members

I think the flack over competition is because since 2007, snax boys said everything else sucks. Get a POD, GSP or 11R and they went "lol"

What goes around I guess.

My lead player has the Kemper and Snax II and by far KPA just sounds better. Doesn't matter if tone-matched block or whatever. KPA has a more amp and real cab with room distinction in the tone, feel, and dynamic the snax doesn't.

I like the snax fx too, the II is sweet, but If I was in the market.. its KPA this round. $300 or more cheaper and there is over 2000 amp profiles not including pro quality paid versions coming and the quality of those are fantastic.

I'm glad to see new bars being raised and other products challenged. That is good imo. The banter and debate and crying games and butthurtz I just laugh at it all. It's very childish and reading this {censored} from grown men is LULZZZZZZZZZZZ at its best. TGP modeling area is full of lulz. Every other topic is snax related even when the topic has no mention of it. Talk about fanboys. Worse than any other musical product made.

the fanboyishm is kind of over the top (seems to be from both camps these days)

I can't wait for Kemper to get out of Beta and get a Rack version of this thing, I'd dying to try it.

so far I've been really happy with the Axe II, I wa a Mark IV guy before I got the Axe and the Axe does mark series sims really good

I have been able to get a couple of really good Recto patches but thru a power amp and real cabs I can't for the life of me get the Recto to sound "right"

the Mark patches I have are so close to my real one it's scary (even thru my 50/50 -> my recto cabs)

I need to look into this Kemper thing a bit more can someone explain to me how I would set this thing up if i was using it to gig thru "Real Cabs" (does it alway need real cabs or is this an FRFR type of thing as well?

• Members

Those clips all sounded amazing. I would like to hear a Triple Rec that's a bit more over the top metal, but it was great.

You're an outstanding player as well. Very impressive clips. :thu:

Offering up FT: One functioning kidney or eyeball. Possibly a left leg. Only interested in trading for a Kemper. No low balls, from me or you. :cop:

• Members

You can run the Kemper any way you want, its got the I/O for it. - I use mine In my studio, and LIVE.

I run the Moniter out (set to nocab), into my Matrix GT1000fx Poweramp into Orange 2x12 cab for backline.

Then run Main left out to my QSCK12 in front of me for direct monitoring.

Then Main Right, to FOH for ful FRFR - sounds bloody massive!

So this way you get the best of both worlds.. - as the profile sounds like at home.. and also live and loud with the amp in th room effect too.. nice!

• Members

so this is similar to the Axe in that I'd need to run it out to a poweramp to run it with my Recto Cab.

the Matrix a popular choice in this camp too?

I hope Fyette gets thier "modeler targeted" power amp out soon as I am using a mes 50/50 and an ART SLA2

and not thrilled with either. the 50/50 makes everything sound too "mesa" which is fine with the Mark sims but kind of sucks with the marshally sims

and the ART SLA2 just doesn't have (IMO anyway) a tube type of 'feel" to it. it sounds good but it doesn't respond the same as my 50/50 does.

the Fryette should be just wha the doctor ordered :)

You can run the Kemper any way you want, its got the I/O for it. - I use mine In my studio, and LIVE.

I run the Moniter out (set to nocab), into my Matrix GT1000fx Poweramp into Orange 2x12 cab for backline.

So this way you get the best of both worlds.. - as the profile sounds like at home.. and also live and loud with the amp in th room effect too.. nice!

• Members

so this is similar to the Axe in that I'd need to run it out to a poweramp to run it with my Recto Cab.

the Matrix a popular choice in this camp too?

If I understand this correctly the Kemper does not use Cab Irs? is there a manual online I can download?

I hope Fyette gets their "modeler targeted" power amp out soon as I am using a mes 50/50 and an ART SLA2

and not thrilled with either. the 50/50 makes everything sound too "mesa" which is fine with the Mark sims but kind of sucks with the marshally sims

and the ART SLA2 just doesn't have (IMO anyway) a tube type of 'feel" to it. it sounds good but it doesn't respond the same as my 50/50 does.

the Fryette should be just what the doctor ordered :)

• Members

I run the Monitor out (set to nocab), into my Matrix GT1000fx Power amp into Orange 2x12 cab for backline.

Then Main Right, to FOH for full FRFR - sounds bloody massive!

What are you doing for switching? MIDI controller, or footswitches??

• Members

What are you doing for switching? MIDI controller, or footswitches??

Well Kemper have there own one in development, so currently using a FC300 for simple rig switching..

The rest is just my volume on my guitar to get to clean to dirt, and a boost pedal up front for solo play.

I designed these profiles with a -6DB ceeling as default, so you can add a Boost on top without hitting the limiter.

• Members

Well Kemper have there own one in development, so currently using a FC300 for simple rig switching..

The rest is just my volume on my guitar to get to clean to dirt, and a boost pedal up front for solo play.

I designed these profiles with a -6DB ceeling as default, so you can add a Boost on top without hitting the limiter.

Kemper shouldn't have to go too crazy on a controller.

• Members

This one has me floored. Perhaps not as much by accuracy, but the quality of that sound in general. This is probably the most convincing clip of the Kemper I've heard yet. Most are just chugga-chugga riffs that don't display a lot of dynamics that an amp is capable of, but this is a great demo. :thu:

• Members

In the case of the JCM800 clip, the AC+ would represent what as far as boost is concerned? Unless I'm mistaken, the 800 by itself doesn't get that amount of gain.

Totally enjoyed all of your clips, even the Mesa one (not a big fan of the Boogie sound).

• Members

In the case of the JCM800 clip, the AC+ would represent what as far as boost is concerned? Unless I'm mistaken, the 800 by itself doesn't get that amount of gain.

Totally enjoyed all of your clips, even the Mesa one.

The AC+ was with an Xotic AC booster pedal in front of the amp whilst profiling.

Archived