If there is another guitarist in your band, you have to do this.....

TU BE

• Members

Last night after practice, I stuck around and had some beers with the other guitarist. We decided to jam some songs BUT playing one another's amps. He has a Matchless DC30 and I had the Fender SS22. Hearing what your gear sounds like while someone else is playing it is a lot different then when you do.

I am the lead guitarist so my set up is a bit more geared toward lead playing. His is set up more for rhythm.

Hearing my amp with him playing through it, made me realize that I should not be complaining about anything. The {censored} sounded gooooooooooood. His Matchless is all kinds of kick ass too. We cranked those {censored}ers up way louder than normal practice volume. My ears were ringing this morning when I woke up (not good, I know but {censored}.....sounded sick).

The amps blend together really, really well too.

Oh and I started using his Keeley modded TS9 again last night because the EQD Chrysalis is so damn noisy that I need to send it them to try and fix it. So now I am considering buying that TS9 off him once again. Sounded so {censored}ing creamy. :love:

But yeah, you should definitely trade gear with your other guitarist for a jam session. :thu:

/CSB

Archived