Anyone see the vids of Metallica in the tuning room pre-show?

DARKMETL/

• Members

im the opposite, i dont enjoy at all going to see bands i love sound as {censored}ty as metallica does live. It completely kills everything for me. Soundgarden is a perfect example, they are one of my all time favorite bands i will never go see cause every vid i have seen of them is a joke. id rather not tarnish the epicness they bring on record and be able to listen to them without thinking how unepic they are live

...says the guy complaining out the nuances of tone while 100,000 fans scream "DIE,DIE,DIE" at the top of their lungs, and have the time of their lives....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

eh, ill pass

There is a reason they sell out every live show and festival they do. They are great live. Some may not agree but I've rarely heard of anyone leaving a Metallica show unhappy in all the times I've seen them live. You are missing out if you are going by internet videos.

I personally have never been to a concert where the band or singer sounds like the CD. If I want backing tracks, lip synching and perfect to the note CD performance I'll just save my money, stay home and listen to the CD.

• Members

There is a reason they sell out every live show and festival they do. They are great live. Some may not agree but I've rarely heard of anyone leaving a Metallica show unhappy in all the times I've seen them live. You are missing out if you are going by internet videos.

I personally have never been to a concert where the band or singer sounds like the CD. If I want backing tracks, lip synching and perfect to the note CD performance I'll just save my money, stay home and listen to the CD.

you never been to a concert where the band or singer sounds like the CD? ok :confused: like ive said, i love metallica as much as anyone but i just dont understand the metallica can do no wrong argument by you fanboi's. isnt easier just to say they arent a great live band but i still love them instead of making such silly arguments??

• Members
you never been to a concert where the band or singer sounds like the CD? ok
:confused:
like ive said, i love metallica as much as anyone but i just dont understand the metallica can do no wrong argument by you fanboi's. isnt easier just to say they arent a great live band but i still love them instead of making such silly arguments??

Should have said sounds exactly like the CD. That's why it's a live band and not a pop show with backing tracks and lip synching. If I want that I'll just listen to the CD.

They can do wrong to me but I just listen to what I like and ignore what I don't. I didn't care much for St. Anger. Death Magnetic was ok but the production was horrible and it seemed like they were forcing themselves to try to go back in time instead of just writing.

I still think they are awesome live so why would I say otherwise. You may think differently but from the sounds of it you've never seen them live and are basing your opinion on internet videos.

• Members

I still think they are awesome live so why would I say otherwise. You may think differently but from the sounds of it you've never seen them live and are basing your opinion on internet videos.

i have seen them live as i said earlier in the thread. you can keep blaming the vids all you want, they are not making lars off time or make his double bass parts mysteriously disappear, or make hammetts bends off. a mic hears the same thing your own ears do. as dave lombardo says about lars here starting in 2:25, his playing is "really sad" and its "too bad the biggest band in the world has a {censored} drummer"

[video=youtube;EXHb3ep1pXA]

• Members

you guys who hate on metallica are funny.
I never read any real points.
its just "they suck now", "They sound like {censored} now" and plenty of other useless opinions made by people who will never have ANY impact on music...even on a local level.

you guys sound like a bunch of jealous bitches every time you sit and nit pick bands you should be learning from.
alex skolinik was dead on when he said the best bands don't make it, the bands that make the best decisions make it.

dave lombardo has no reason to hate on lars either, apart from the obvious varying levels of talent and success.

lars is danish Phil Rudd sans the consistency, yes we know, but he is more than just a drummer.
he'll admit himself how far he has gotten on limited talent. his knowledge of rock/metal history, his passion for music as a fan, and his unique business decision making has helped bring metallica to a level of world wide success other metal bands will only secretly dream of. secretly, because as any internet metal fag will tell you, being successfull isn't metal at all, and should be shunned upon in all instances. :thu:

• Members

you guys who hate on metallica are funny.

I never read any real points.

its just "they suck now", "They sound like {censored} now" and plenty of other useless opinions made by people who will never have ANY impact on music...even on a local level.

dave lombardo in the vid i posted just above you calls lars "sad" and explains how he cant keep time. i guess his opinion is useless or dosent count??

• Members

dave lombardo in the vid i posted just above you calls lars "sad" and explains how he cant keep time. i guess his opinion is useless or dosent count??

again, we know about his faults as a musician. we all can probably agree that dave lombardo is a better drummer in probably all technical aspects of the kit th. an lars.

I guess the point i'm trying to make, is that alot of you guys don't understand how important lars has been in bring metal to the forefront of the music industry as a whole.

You don't sell some 40-50 million records world wide or whatever it is, tour for 25 years, still sell out areans all over the world like its nothing, unless you've done some really smart {censored} along the way.

i'm not saying he is should be idiolized for his musical skills so much, but you younger guys in bands trying to make it can learn alot from his music biz foresight, and overall smart decision making...until lulu of course, which wasn't so much a bad decision as it was too much of a risk. but look at how quickly that came and went.

• Members

again, we know about his faults as a musician.

\n

oh ok, i must have misread your last post, i read "plenty of other useless opinions made by people who will never have ANY impact on music" as to say us who say lars sucks dont know what we are talking about because we have sold 40 million. i also didnt know lars selling a ton of records or touring for 25 years made him above critique for his {censored}ty playing??

• Members

\n

oh ok, i must have misread your last post, i read "plenty of other useless opinions made by people who will never have ANY impact on music" as to say us who say lars sucks dont know what we are talking about because we have sold 40 million. i also didnt know lars selling a ton of records or touring for 25 years made him above critique for his {censored}ty playing??

i'm not saying you don't know what your talking about if you haven't done those things.

all i'm saying, is if people could put your personal/musician ego bull{censored} aside, there is much to be learned from the ones that are EASIEST for thoughtless people to hate on.

meanwhile spoiled brat, rockers who did too many drugs, burnt out too early, and give us nothing after the fact (like a lot of acts from the 70's and 80's that we hold to such high regard) continue to hold their untouched legend status.

Archived