Trying to decide between these 2 Ibanez's...thoughts?

Johansolo

• Members

So...im thinking about adding a dedicated metal/downtuned guitar (D standard/DropC ) as ive decided i refuse to downtune any of my other guitars (PRS,LP,Tele,Strat)

Ive decided on a budget Ibanez...ive owned several metal guitars in the past and some really nice prestiges/seven strings...but after playing a few at a local store...Ive narrowed it down to these 2...both at $556 AUD new

Anyone own/played one or care to comment/suggest which way i should lean?

I cant decide...the longer scale lenght would benefit for even lower tuning should i be inclined to go that way (i do like some B tuning occasionally) and would be a scale lenght that i dont currenlty have...

but i just love reverse headstocks and the traditional RG non carved look.

Decisions decisions....

RGD421

Specifications

• Members

Based off the specs of those two, I think the top one would be what I go with (mostly because of the scale length). I imagine that both would sound good...

I can tell you that I have a basswood Fender MIJ Strat that I have in E-flat and it sounds chunky and thick as hell! I really think that you will like the sound of the basswood in the lower tuning :thu: Granted my Strat is on the heavier side, and I am not sure how heavy those Ibanez guitars are...

I take it that you have played them enough to know what you like and don't like about them... Would you care to elaborate for us what you liked/didn't like?

Cole

• Members

I take it that you have played them enough to know what you like and don't like about them... Would you care to elaborate for us what you liked/didn't like?

Basically...i like them Both!!! But i can only pick one...

Lookwise...on the day...i preferred the look for the RGR (im a sucker for reverse headstocks and i was a RG fanboi in my teens) but today...after staring back and forth at both...im growing to like the look of the RGD

I dont have any black guitars currently...either will fit my

• Members

Basically...i like them Both!!! But i can only pick one...

Lookwise...on the day...i preferred the look for the RGR (im a sucker for reverse headstocks and i was a RG fanboi in my teens) but today...after staring back and forth at both...im growing to like the look of the RGD

I dont have any black guitars currently...either will fit my

Archived