New .45 Day...

madryan

• Members

Well this thread went about exactly as I expected....

Guess I'll toss mine in as well. I almost went with the Springfield but decided on this one at the last minute after shooting one my friend owns.

seQCf.jpg

Polished the feed ramp with a dremel and it'll typically blow through 1000 rounds before the occasional stovepipe, indicating it needs cleaning.

Hey ryan, how much would you charge to do a fluff & buff/trigger job?
:D

Nice.

If you want a trigger job just buy the drop in set from Cylinder and Slide. They typically don't need anything done to them. You get a nice hammer, sear and disconnector.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This "Sillypeoples" {censored}er must be the biggest knob I've seen on here for ages. If you don't put 80,000 rounds down range, per year, then you don't know {censored}? Lulz.
:facepalm:

He's coming across like the kind of bloke who'd get put on permanent latrine duty, so as not to be a liability in the trenches, and you still wouldn't trust him to burn your {censored} properly.
:lol:

Look dumbass...here is some reality for you...better guitar players practice....better shooters practice....better __________ practice..

Feel free to join the legions of other idiots that throw down a credit card on a bike, guitar, gun, bow....etc...and now they are 'experts'. I see this all the time at gun ranges, at blues jams, on the net....so it's put up or shut up...if you have something to offer...show me...but just talking about it, expecting me to believe that you have something to offer is a dead topic...sorry...you don't get credit for just showing up with a Tshirt that says 'Glock' on it, and we are all supposed to believe you are Joe Tactical.

What I said 'make sense' if you know how to read, and that knowledge was hard won by not sitting around with bong in my hand like you, but actually dropping a grand on reloading equipment, spending the money, time, effort to learn, to design round, and not by sitting around with a beer talking about it, but spending countless days up at the range to find answers to questions that the 'experts' had failed to answer.

• Members

Look dumbass...here is some reality for you...better guitar players practice....better shooters practice....better __________ practice..

Feel free to join the legions of other idiots that throw down a credit card on a bike, guitar, gun, bow....etc...and now they are 'experts'. I see this all the time at gun ranges, at blues jams, on the net....so it's put up or shut up...if you have something to offer...show me...but just talking about it, expecting me to believe that you have something to offer is a dead topic...sorry...you don't get credit for just showing up with a Tshirt that says 'Glock' on it, and we are all supposed to believe you are Joe Tactical.

What I said 'make sense' if you know how to read, and that knowledge was hard won by not sitting around with bong in my hand like you, but actually dropping a grand on reloading equipment, spending the money, time, effort to learn, to design round, and not by sitting around with a beer talking about it, but spending countless days up at the range to find answers to questions that the 'experts' had failed to answer.

Except that your point doesn't apply to the OP. You even ignored post #64. :lol:

• Members

GTFO

• Members

So by your numbers, shooting 1600 rounds a week is necessary to "step up" and be an expert shooter.

My point is that there's two facets to shooting. There's the mechanics of shooting. Sight alignment, trigger control, etc. Then there's everything else that you can't learn just hanging around at your local indoor range.

Now if you just want to shoot matches then the mechanics of shooting are fine. Bowling pins and bullseyes don't shoot back. My first Plt.Sgt once told me that Marksmanship is about 50% of staying alive. Being able to shoot the other guy before he shoots you. Tactics, training, and dumb {censored}ing luck is the rest. Obviously each scenario is different depending on the ranges and mechanics involved.

Things as simple as combat reloads without needing to take your eyes off the threat are vital. The ability to quickly and easily analyze a given area for threats and sources of cover. The ability to do things that require relatively fine motor skills when you've got a {censored}load of adrenaline pumping through your veins. All these things require varying degrees of training and skill that may or may not be available in the civilian world. Knowing when to "Zig" instead of "Zag" so to speak.

No amount of time at a static range will teach you that {censored}. No amount of punching holes in paper will teach you how to deal with pucker factor. You can learn the mechanics and you absolutely must, but all that only takes you so far.

• Members

I'd love to get a 1911 clone sometime. I really should get around to renew my license soon.

I just renewed mine. Took forever because I let it lapse. I only keep the CHL current because it makes me exempt from all the transport laws. I can carry all my guns in the car to the range and don't need to worry about local laws on how the ammo needs to be transported or whether the guns are visible.

Personally the last thing I want is my guns visible because that's an open invitation for them to be stolen.

• Members

private_fuckwit.jpg

• Members
This "Sillypeoples" {censored}er must be the biggest knob I've seen on here for ages. If you don't put 80,000 rounds down range, per year, then you don't know {censored}? Lulz.
:facepalm:

He's coming across like the kind of bloke who'd get put on permanent latrine duty, so as not to be a liability in the trenches, and you still wouldn't trust him to burn your {censored} properly.

:lol: Flawless sir!

• Members

I keep this baby in the glove compartment in case of car jackings. I live in Florida which is awesome because of the really lax gun laws. I also wear a poofy pirate shirt which is very intimidating in Miami. You should just see the ghetto trash run like little bitches when I pull this baby out and start pouring that black powder. "Thy grievances shall not be addressed TODAY good sirs!" :mad:

384403_450024448377245_640151243_n.jpg

• Members
We were in agreement until you mentioned Glocks which are easily some of the ugliest, plainest looking guns ever.

I have owned many a gun and you don't buy a gun for looks. You buy it to save your ass in case you need to use it.

• Members

I keep this baby in the glove compartment in case of car jackings. I live in Florida which is awesome because of the really lax gun laws. I also wear a poofy pirate shirt which is very intimidating in Miami. You should just see the ghetto trash run like little bitches when I pull this baby out and start pouring that black powder. "Thy grievances shall not be addressed TODAY good sirs!"
:mad:

384403_450024448377245_640151243_n.jpg

{censored}ing :lol:

"With just a few minutes patience, you will witness the wrath -" *fumbles with the shot which rolls under seat*

Archived