Going to Disneyland->

Lucius

• Members

Give me some suggestions. We've got the park hopper pass and we plan on checking out lego land. Travelling with wife, son-9, son-5, daughter-1. Anything we should pay attention to? Any of you {censored} tards live in the area and want to have a beer at night in the dark. I might slip a rapey in your drink if you like. Cheers, Lucius

• Members

Make sure you get fast passes. If you don't know what they are, they are free tickets you can get at the entrances of most attractions that let you stand in a much shorter line at a predetermined time. Also, if you have a smart phone you can download apps that tell you pretty accurate wait times for all of the rides in the park. Doing both of those will allow you to fit a lot more in your day.

• Members

Make sure you get fast passes. If you don't know what they are, they are free tickets you can get at the entrances of most attractions that let you stand in a much shorter line at a predetermined time. Also, if you have a smart phone you can download apps that tell you pretty accurate wait times for all of the rides in the park. Doing both of those will allow you to fit a lot more in your day.

Are you allowed to hold more than one fass past at a time? Like for different rides? cheers, lucius

• Members

when are you going? please tell me you are waiting for the halloween decorations to be up!?!?

take extreme advantage of the Fast Pass system. Time your rides accordingly, and make sure you are re-upping them, even if you dont feel like riding them (all other rides may be too long to {censored} with it, so might as well do the one you have instant access to).

the world of color at CA Adventure is tits, but make sure you have a good centered view. if you are off to the side the projects lose a ton of impact. you can get fast pass for them too.

the rides that are change for halloween are the haunted mansion (so sick!) and space mountain (cool images). Cars wasnt open when we were there last year :cry: but definitely check it out. The Toy Story ride/arcade at CA adventure is pretty fun, especially for a family (totally interactive and you can try to outscore each other).

The tower of terror almost never had a wait. we literally got to do multiple rounds without having to get off the ride! Soarin' is fun, but make sure you are in the center.

aside from those bits, its going to be hard to not have a good time. side note, we went for 5 days last year, and the last two days it was apparently the LBGT gathering of the year... I couldnt give two {censored}s about that, it was just that it was {censored}ing crowded as {censored}, and I saw waaaaaay too many bears full on making out... come on, not even the breeders do that {censored} here.

• Members

Are you allowed to hold more than one fass past at a time? Like for different rides? cheers, lucius

I'm pretty sure you can't get more than one simultaneously unless the fastpass time more than 2 hours. After the 2 hours you can get one for another ride from what I remember. And everyone in your group needs an individual fast pass. It's tied to your park ticket.

As far as food goes, you should check out the steak gumbo bread bowl near Pirates of the Caribbean.

tumblr_m4g58pE0Mw1r0d1l5.jpg

And since you mentioned drinks, they serve alcohol in California Adventure. Good margaritas near the Mexican restaurant there.

• Members

and I wont spoil the fun of the decorations, but heres a quick snap from last year to get you pumped (sorry, im way lame for disneyland)

6211409778_a027c85e6e_b.jpg

and check out the list of places that you can get the fast pass from

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/plan/guest-services/fastpass/

downtown Disney has some cool places to get drinks and food. lots of cool shopping. I actually ran into Dave Grohl there!

We would hit up this little bar every day and this was our order

6211180529_1949343679_b.jpg

and do not, under any circumstance miss out on the corn dogs. its in the red truck/stand in mainstreet usa

6211755440_fca44a63be_b.jpg

Dude I am so jealous. We had to cancel our trip this year (would be going next week) because the gf is the maid of honor in a destination wedding...

• Members

Give me some suggestions. We've got the park hopper pass and we plan on checking out lego land. Travelling with wife, son-9, son-5, daughter-1. Anything we should pay attention to? Any of you {censored} tards live in the area and want to have a beer at night in the dark. I might slip a rapey in your drink if you like. Cheers, Lucius

Legoland. Meh -- kids should like it, I guess. It's not an all-day park ... even with the kids plan to spend no more than 5 hours there.

The Di$ney properties. Here is how *I* would plan my attack...

1) Start the day off at DCA (Disney California Adventure). Walk to Soarin' and get a Fast Pass. Continue walking to Radiator Springs Racers (Cars Land). Get a Fast Pass (for re-entry) and then get in line as first item of the day. Depending on your "time," re-ride right after, or after you do Soarin. These are the parks top-two (longest line) attractions, outside of Tower of Terror and the roller coasters, which I'm guessing you'll skip? After you do these, book out of there and head on over to Disneyland.

2) Make a decision ahead of time what you'd really like to do here? Kids are kind of young for the (new) Space Mountain, which is kind of aggressive. But you could always do Matterhorn Bobsleds. Shouldn't be too long a wait for staples like Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Carribean, It's a Small World. Haunted Mansion is a crap shoot, given the kids ages. Same goes for Indiana Jones. There are a ton of dark rides at Disneyland like the Pooh ride. Typical wait is 20-30 mins per attraction. Plan accordingly.

3) Later on, you may wish to return to DCA and catch stuff like The Little Mermaid, Monsters, Inc. and Toy Story Mania for the kids.

Fast Pass is your friend. Thing is to get one while you're going to something else. Last I knew, you could only hold one at a time. Meaning, if you got one for Pirates and it was in an hour, you couldn't then get one for something else until that "hours" time had transpired.

Have fun!!!

• Members

My girlfriend and I went last year during halloween, a total blast. We didn't do fast passes, but it wasn't busy for us at all. Really cool.

World of color was {censored}ing amazing. I had goosebumps the whole time. I was expecting it to be soooo lame, but I was pretty blown away. Like mentioned above, you want to find out how to get to that early as possible and get the best seat you can, it will be totally worth it. I think they have stands throughout the park where you get tickets to it earlier in the day, if I remember right. You find one of those at the right time and they get you into better sections.

There's so much rad stuff to do, it seems like there's not really a bad way to do it, as long as you give yourself at least a full day...

• Members

I'm there Nov5-10. So not sure what is going to be happening. My boys will be soo excited. Cheers, Lucius

ok the halloween decorations are from 9/14-10/31, but they should be doing the christmas stuff (again, super jealous, we only go around halloween). you will still have the haunted mansion in full nightmare before christmas setup, and everything else will be christmas/winter themed, which looks beautiful.

OH YEAH. Pirates was shut down for renovation last year for over 2 months, with a TON of updates and refinishing. it should be sick. And if you want to drop some change, eat at the blue bayou (its the restaurant right at the beginning banjo area of pirates). super good steaks. and the ambiance is stellar.

• Members

And if you want to drop some change, eat at the blue bayou (its the restaurant right at the beginning banjo area of pirates).
super good steaks. and the ambiance is stellar.

Agreed, and agreed.

But what I think is super ru-tarded? NO ALCOHOL at Blue Bayou!! Yes ma'am, I'll have an Orange Soda with my $45 Filet Mignon :facepalm: :facepalm:

• Members

A couple of things:

Skip the Blue Bayou for the steaks. Go at lunch and have dessert or the Monte Cristo (you can also have the Monte Cristo at the Cafe Orleans for a couple of bucks less and it's the exact same sandwich. I also Highly recommend the Pomme Frites and the Mickey shaped Beignets at the Cafe Orleans). The ONLY reason to eat at the Blue Bayou is the atmosphere. If you want to drop coin on a decent meal go to the Napa Rose at the Grand Californian or Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel. Also, alcohol is ONLY served at DCA and Downtown Disney (and the property hotels, of course). The ONLY place in Disneyland that serves alcohol is Club 33 and you ain't gettin' in.

The Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe at the end of Mainstreet has some really good offerings, also (HIGHLY recommend the Toasted Cheese Sandwich and Tomato Basil Soup, especially in November :thu:).

As others have stated, Fast Passes are a must. You can get another one either two hours after your first or after you first is "active" (whichever comes first). Indiana Jones and Space Mountain are FP musts in Disneyland. In Disney's California Adventure a FP for Radiator Springs Racers (make sure to get this FP the VERY FIRST THING in the morning. They go fast and when they are gone they're gone. The stand by line was over 4 hours in the summer) and Soarin' Over California are musts (get these any time of the day). Try to get row 1 section B for SOC. Tell the CM (cast member) that you're willing to wait for the next ride if you have to. Totally worth the wait. If you're brave, you can give Splash Mountain a try, but in November it could be chilly (you WILL get wet). It is a "no miss" ride, though (you may want to FP this ride also, but I'm not sure how busy it is in November. In the summer I've seen the stand by line for that ride at 2.5-3 hours). I'll give you a hint: Go to Walmart or a Dollar Store before you leave and buy cheap $1.00 ponchos. They sell them at DL but they'll rape you for them. Just have someone keep them in a backpack and Splash Mountain in November will be MUCH more enjoyable. :thu:

The lines for Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion are very fast moving. Even if the line looks long, don't sweat it. You'll be riding before you know it. The longest lines are for Nemo's Sub ride (no Fast passes for that ride IIRC). If your wife or kids are into the Fantasyland rides, mkae sure you ride Peter Pan first thing. The line gets long the longer you wait. I highly recommend Fantasyland as they have such a historical significance in the park.

The Line for FP for the World of Color Show in DCA is located at the Grizzly River Rapids FP machine. They stay designated for WOC until the passes are gone aned then they revert back to GRR FPs. A lot of people love WOC because it's new, but to be honest the better show is Fantasmic! in Disneyland (right in front of Pirates), IMHO. Speaking of shows, if they are performing Alladin at DCA it is a MUST SEE! Great live performance and the Genie is hilarious. The show is about 45 minutes and is a good opportunity to rest the tired dogs (ask to watch from the Mezzanine). Tower of Terror is a great ride and located in the same area.

I've got way too much to list in just one post, so if you've got any specifics, let me know. :thu:

• Members

Oh another thing about the fast passes:ignore the return times (kinda). There's always a time window printed on them but as long as you use them AFTER the start time you can use them any time of the day. For example: your fast pass may say return between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm. You can use it any time after 11:00 am. The window is NEVER enforced. We usually collect them all day and use them throughout and up until closing.

• Members

Oh another thing about the fast passes:ignore the return times (kinda). There's always a time window printed on them but as long as you use them AFTER the start time you can use them any time of the day. For example: your fast pass may say return between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm. You can use it any time after 11:00 am. The window is NEVER enforced. We usually collect them all day and use them throughout and up until closing.

Sorry, but in late June when we were there, we saw several instances of FPs not being accepted because they were past their timeslot. They may have never enforced them before, but they were the 3 days I was there!!

• Members

Sorry, but in late June when we were there, we saw several instances of FPs not being accepted because they were past their timeslot. They may have never enforced them before, but they were the 3 days I was there!!

We were there from June 11th-16th There for the Grand openeing and subsequent day of Carsland) and didn't have a problem once. In fact, I don't think we showed up in our "time slot" a single time. We've gone twice this year (going again in December), went twice last year, and once the year before and NOT ONE TIME have I ever been denied access the the FP line because I was "out of my window". I've been "reminded" of my FP window by a cast member, but NEVER denied access.

The ONLY ride that I could see them enforcing that policy on, right now, would be Radiator Springs Racers.

Edit: The only time I've heard of FP return time being enforced is in DCA AFTER the last WOC show because it slows down the stand by wait times when they are trying to close the park.

• Members

We were there from June 11th-16th There for the Grand openeing and subsequent day of Carsland) and didn't have a problem once. In fact, I don't think we showed up in our "time slot" a single time. We've gone twice this year (going again in December), went twice last year, and once the year before and NOT ONE TIME have I ever been denied access the the FP line because I was "out of my window". I've been "reminded" of my FP window by a cast member, but NEVER denied access.

The ONLY ride that I could see them enforcing that policy on, right now, would be Radiator Springs Racers.

Edit: The only time I've heard of FP return time being enforced is in DCA AFTER the last WOC show because it slows down the stand by wait times when they are trying to close the park.

1 was at Soarin, 1 was at California Screamin, and the others were all over in Disneyland (Space Mountain). IIRC, they were all "morning" FPs that people were trying to use at the end of the day. Saw an entire family get the Big D ("denied") at Splash Mountain because it was 9pm and their reservation said 10am - 11something

• Members

1 was at Soarin, 1 was at California Screamin, and the others were all over in Disneyland (Space Mountain). IIRC, they were all "morning" FPs that people were trying to use at the end of the day. Saw an entire family get the Big D ("denied") at Splash Mountain because it was 9pm and their reservation said 10am - 11something

Splash and Space Mountain Makes sense. Those lines can get REALLY long (especially in June). California Screamin' makes little sense because it's a fast moving line (maybe it was close to the start of the first WOC show in which they shut down that side of the park before the 1st show). I little hint with California Screamin'. That FP machine is "offline" from the rest of the park. Which basically means that you can get a FP for it literally 2 minutes after getting a FP for any other ride. The same goes for the Roger Rabbit ride in ToonTown in Disneyland as it is also "offline".

For the record, I believe you when you say that you've seen people get the deny at the line. I've just never had it happen to me.

Archived