New Car Day!

spawnofthesith

• Members

Well the engine in my 4runner took a complete and total {censored} (for the second time in a year
:facepalm:
) recently, but today I was able to get this thing. 2005 Nissan Altima S. Got a pretty good price I feel like, and I dig this car a lot

534212_10200595865118184_501396550_n.jpg

congrats. good cars but watch out for the pre-cat and butterfly valve issues. how many miles?

the pre cat heats up because the car runs rich, it breaks up and gets sucked back into engine = engine {censored}ed. happened to my se-r spec v (same engine)twice in 60k miles. two new engines in 2 years.

butterfly valves (secondary valves on intake runners, open up around 5k) on some of them weren't loctited properly loose up and get sucked into the pistons.

• Members

the pre cat heats up because the car runs rich, it breaks up and gets sucked back into engine = engine {censored}ed. happened to my se-r spec v (same engine)twice in 60k miles. two new engines in 2 years.

butterfly valves (secondary valves on intake runners, open up around 5k) on some of them weren't loctited properly loose up and get sucked into the pistons.

now that is import quality

• Members

Uh, isnt the 4runner the one with the legendary bullet proof engine? How the hell does one kill such a motor...twice?

That aside, good choice for a new whip.

Depends on which 4Runner engine. The only one that truly isn't bullet proof is the 3.0 found in trucks before 1996. Even then, they were just head gasket issues. Most engines are bullet proof so long as you change the oil and keep an eye on fluids. However, being that he is in Colorado, I bet there wasn't much left of the truck anyway: Rust kills them.

• Members

Depends on which 4Runner engine. The only one that truly isn't bullet proof is the 3.0 found in trucks before 1996. Even then, they were just head gasket issues. Most engines are bullet proof so long as you change the oil and keep an eye on fluids. However, being that he is in Colorado, I bet there wasn't much left of the truck anyway: Rust kills them.

Yeah mine was a '90

Archived