New pickup thread! LOL help me out

guitarbilly74

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Im bumping this before leaving for my interview. When I check in again, I expect to see that youve bought a breed.

Well it will be a while before I buy something, I have to sell some {censored} first. I could buy a new pickup now but I am not motivated enough to spend money on it, since I am happy with the Super Ds. But if I sell some of my {censored}, sure I will try some other pickups, because that's money from gear sales anyway.

Good luck with the interview. :thu:

• Members

Well it will be a while before I buy something, I have to sell some {censored} first. I could buy a new pickup now but I am not motivated enough to spend money on it, since I am happy with the Super Ds. But if I sell some of my {censored}, sure I will try some other pickups, because that's money from gear sales anyway.

Good luck with the interview.
:thu:

:mad:

Fair enough.

Thanks!!

Also, consider this an official starting point to take up a collection for people to donate to buy Billy a breed. Hes probably one of the best forumites on here, and its the least we can do.

• Members

:mad:

Fair enough.

Thanks!!

Also, consider this an official starting point to take up a collection for people to donate to buy Billy a breed. Hes probably one of the best forumites on here, and its the least we can do.

no no no... I'm doing alright with $, I'm just lacking the motivation to spend it on more pickups, because honestly the Super Ds are 90% there for what I want... but thanks for the thought, really nice of you :)

Now if you want to trade your Breed for my Duncan Distortion, I am all for it :lol:

• Members

How about the Super Distortion wired in parallel?

I do have a parallel /series/split switch on my SG-X. I like the parallel tone for cleans and some strat-ish parts, it sounds almost like a single coil but a bit fatter. It's a cool tone, but I prefer the series wiring for my my main tone.

I was playing with the height and polepiece adjustment last night and I was able to find a great tone out of it. So I can say I am happy with the current set up. I will keep looking for other options just for the hell of it, but if I end up staying with the Super D, that's fine. I really don't have any issues with it.

• Members

I do have a parallel /series/split switch on my SG-X. I like the parallel tone for cleans and some strat-ish parts, it sounds almost like a single coil but a bit fatter. It's a cool tone, but I prefer the series wiring for my my main tone.

I was playing with the height and polepiece adjustment last night and I was able to find a great tone out of it. So I can say I am happy with the current set up. I will keep looking for other options just for the hell of it, but if I end up staying with the Super D, that's fine. I really don't have any issues with it.

Quit toying with our emotions!

• Members

Yeah.. Dirty Fingers is a great pickup. I'd say it has a bit of the Super D flavor , but it's tighter and more cutting.. I used one for a long time in my Explorer.. I think if I would do it over again, I would have kept that in there.. I like how much EMGs sounded in my Les Paul and SG, I came to the conclusion that actives and mahogany shorter scale guitars work great together.. SO I put actives in all my Gibson styled gee-tars

• Members

I mentioned the Dirty Fingers on page one. You know, before it was cool /skinny jeans.

Well cool, I will keep the Dirty Fingers in mind. It would be cool to stick with Gibson pickups since the 2 guitars they will go in are Gibson SGs. How do they differ from the 500T?

EndTime - I hear you about EMGs on Gibson. I love it. If all else fails that's probably where I am going to end up. Can't go wrong with EMGs, really.

Archived