Need interface help/suggestions from recording guys.

Chrisjd

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by LoopQuantum

View Post

Dude...don't buy anything. Just go do your audio midi setup in OSX and set the internal sound card as the default audio device for OSX. It's rebooting because it's losing the OSX primary audio device, which is set to the focusrite. You don't have to have that set as your primary to use it in the daw, you can just select the focusrite inside the daw prefs, reboot issue solved...

Hey Loop -- is that specific to the focusrite? I disconnect audio devices from my Macs all the time without triggering a reboot regardless of the audio routing with respect to the system audio services. It always falls back to the built-in. I don't have a focusrite interface though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisjd

View Post

where do i find the audio/midi setup? this is the only screen i am seeing that resembles what you're talking about and these were the settings that were there when i opened.

ScreenShot2012-10-23at73501PM_zps6031c20

i found it in utilities, but am still not clear on what to do.

• Members

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/big_..._by_acmebargig

try this for bass. i love it for big burly distort-o mess. for clean tones-- just try any old guitar tone simulators like simulanalog: http://www.simulanalog.org/guitarsuite.htm basically a jcm900. if you want big and clean-- theres decent ampeg tones in amplitube or something. you open a .vst in your recording program and plug those in on the channel you're using. it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

• Members

I'm late but I literally just read this on the focusrite sight:

Two Hi Z instrument inputs

No need for a separate DI. Saffire 6 USB provides instrument inputs with switchable high gain.

icon_lol.gif Probably should have just looked that up before I answered, even the cheapest of cheap interfaces usually have a instrument level.

Archived