Played the Bogner in a full band setting last night, and....

KCTigerChief

• Members

Man, I'd love to try an XTC...

How do the cleans compare between the XTC, Sig:X and Triwatt?

You know what, I don't think I've ever actually heard the clean channel on the Sig:X.

However, it should be noted that the XTC clean channel is a Fender Deluxe pre-amp design. There is a post on the bogner forum of a guy who traced the circuit and found out if you dime the volume and use the gain as your volume (Deluxe didn't have a master volume), and set the mid pot around 10 o'clock (Deluxe didn't have a mid pot, it was a static value) that you get that "fender clean" - after experimenting with it, that's exactly what I hear with it. The clean is very good setup this way.

Compared to the Triwatt, it's a little "rounder" and warmer...The Triwatt clean is excellent, of course, the XTC is just different. :)

• Members

I just finished playing with KCTC's Bogner Ecstasy (thru Bogner 4x12) and my Sig:X (thru G-Flex 2x12 w/ Swamp Thangs). First off, wow, great amps.

It boils down to this:

Bogner - Rounder, looser, and more lows.

Fryette - Punchy, tighter, and more upper mids.

They really do have all the same functionality (3 channels with boosts for each channel) but a different voicing. I can't say one is better than the other, they both sound great. And they sound really good together. I want to swap cabs and go thru them again to see how much of a difference that makes.

My ears hurt.

Also:

Rigs.jpg

• Members

:love:
Good breakdown there, Matt. I think the two compliment each other very well...

Awesome picture too...Too bad my amp looks like a toy next to your ridiulousness
:lol:

I thought they complimented each other quite well as well, when I was rocking those two amps.

Sig X was a great amp.

Archived