Get ready to be angry : Female Greed

-Assy-

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They used to take more than 55% in most states. They took 73% of my income for CS and Alimony from my first marriage of 2 years (separated after the first). My ex {censored}ed some other guy and got knocked up. I was the only one on the marriage license. They didn't do paternity tests for DNA in the mid 80's like they do so easily today. They made you wait 3-5 years. I paid $860 in Alimony plus $573 in CS. I made around 40k at the time as an engineer until that job was over. Then earned about 27k at the next job contracting. The avg of those years determined all support amounts. She contributed zero since she only had a HS diploma.

My ex remarried, never notified the courts. I paid over 35k in overages in total. At the termination hearing I asked to be reimbursed or given credit. The judge said "Be happy this termination is awarded to you"... I was like WTF... who is in contempt here? I paid over 25 months of alimony (860/mo) while she was remarried.

My ex took our daughter and moved around the country. CS was sent to a PO box. She left no paper trail (home schooled, no medical bills). I later found out my ex legally changed my daughter's name. I never could establish paternity and have not to this date. Friends and family say she kind of resembles me, but not much at all. For me, I never saw the point in {censored}ing up her life when I finally did get reacquainted. She was in her late teens by then.

To this day is still estranged. We never were given any bonding time, and living these distances wasn't much to help. I bought her computers, cel phone etc to skype, call, email etc. That novelty wore off. I update her monthly still, even though it's not responded and hasn't been for several years. They now are in a closed type circle with their religious comm which removes any outsiders they can't recruit. last I heard she was to be married. I heard they split up though.

I am a very forgiving person, but for what my ex took from me in regards to any relationship I could have had with my daughter.. I can never forgive!!! What she did was the most cold and heartless thing I had ever endured.

Thats harsh my freind, very harsh. My first wife put me thru som much {censored} during the divorce that I had to walk away, because she was making me want to do things that just aren't in my nature, like strangle her... So I told her that I'll see her and my son when she grows up and signed over my rights...which was a mistake. I was young and still dealing with the PTSD of an extremely violently abusive stepdad and she knew it, so she would do things that would get me angry. So in order to stay me, I had to walk away and leave in the hanbds of the Fates.

Well I didn't see my oldest son for over17 years. It was this time last year that I finally met my oldest son, and he grew up right here in Eugene, Or, just 20 minutes down the freeway from where I lived. I will never forgive her and her mom for doing that. On top of that I still had to pay CS. I do think that family law needs to be updated, but it has gotten better. Mom's don't always get the kids anymore, not in Oregon atleast, there are a lot of single dad's like me out there. I have one of my kids from my second marriage, and any time my youngest wants to come live with us, he can make tat choice and live with us.

• Members

Thats harsh my freind, very harsh. My first wife put me thru som much {censored} during the divorce that I had to walk away, because she was making me want to do things that just aren't in my nature, like strangle her... So I told her that I'll see her and my son when she grows up and signed over my rights...which was a mistake. I was young and still dealing with the PTSD of an extremely violently abusive stepdad and she knew it, so she would do things that would get me angry. So in order to stay me, I had to walk away and leave in the hanbds of the Fates.

Well I didn't see my oldest son for over17 years. It was this time last year that I finally met my oldest son, and he grew up right here in Eugene, Or, just 20 minutes down the freeway from where I lived. I will never forgive her and her mom for doing that. On top of that I still had to pay CS. I do think that family law needs to be updated, but it has gotten better. Mom's don't always get the kids anymore, not in Oregon atleast, there are a lot of single dad's like me out there. I have one of my kids from my second marriage, and any time my youngest wants to come live with us, he can make tat choice and live with us.

The real bull{censored} in Support Enforcement only applies to those that do pay. It's really a shame the system can only {censored} over those who stay gainfully employed. We have rules in this state where any 30 day late payment, the Enforcement Agency will contact the "ex" and request your drivers license be suspended.

They best part is it is immediate and YOU don't get your mail notification for about 3-4 weeks. Then it takes another 3-4 weeks to sort the {censored}ing {censored} out because you have to get a notice from the State Enforcement Agency that the amt owed has been paid. Then you have to take that to the DMV to get your license reinstated.

I get the reasons that it motivates the guy to get this taken care of, but the {censored} all in the process is total bull{censored}... how the {censored} can anyone do their job when their license is suspended? Where the {censored} do they get the money to pay their support?

I've seen this {censored} with my friends. Some of their exes have abused it badly. late one week, one phone call to Support Enf and booom there's 8 weeks to straighten it out.

My case was totally {censored}ed up. Laws in that state were really toward protecting the mothers/children which is a good thing. The problem is how that law is interpreted and administered. YOU (the spouse) pay until you can prove paternity even in cases of separation? IDK, I think any relationship where there is ANY doubt of paternity should indeed establish that paternity before any court ordered support be enforced.

For cases as mine where the ex was as deceitful and uncooperative about making the child even available for paternity testing should right there cut her {censored}ing ass off immediately.

After a few years though you just incorporate that loss of income into your budget. In my case, I will probably never know the real paternity of my daughter, but I can say at least she was provided for. I took a lot of {censored} in my second marriage for that.

My case as well as about 20 others like it were used for reference in our state chapters Father's rights advocacy group. Today they have established new state laws enforcing paternity discovery as well as cases where exes legally change their child's name without father's validation and written consent. My ex sent the notification to an address I was never at. All she had to do was send a form of notification. No response in 3 or 6 mos (i can't recall exactly) and the name change is processed. Today it requires they submit any request as such to an established current residence of the father (not last known either), or the courts notify that parent via their employer. You can't just make {censored} up like my ex did and get away with it.

It also helped create a database for marital/divorce registration updated with the clerk of courts so persons cannot receive alimony or other support ie being required to maintain house payments etc, when exes remarry, cohabit for a period of 6 mos and do not notify the courts.

I for one am happy to see as many states recognize more equalized roles for parents, and that more fathers are as if not more capable of raising children as single parents. Of course the cases where that does happen, is usually when the father waives any rights to child support. This supposedly establishes he is not fighting for custody to get out of paying support.

• Members
New problem: Many are either very good actresses and able to hide what they truly are capable of, and many others simply turn into bitches over time.
:D

Yep! The only way to completely avoid it, is to never marry or have kids. And I don't think I'd want to NOT have mine :) I love those two guys, and couldn't imagine life without them.

• Members
They used to take more than 55% in most states. They took 73% of my income for CS and Alimony from my first marriage of 2 years (separated after the first). My ex {censored}ed some other guy and got knocked up. I was the only one on the marriage license. They didn't do paternity tests for DNA in the mid 80's like they do so easily today. They made you wait 3-5 years. I paid $860 in Alimony plus $573 in CS. I made around 40k at the time as an engineer until that job was over. Then earned about 27k at the next job contracting. The avg of those years determined all support amounts. She contributed zero since she only had a HS diploma.

My ex remarried, never notified the courts. I paid over 35k in overages in total. At the termination hearing I asked to be reimbursed or given credit. The judge said "Be happy this termination is awarded to you"... I was like WTF... who is in contempt here? I paid over 25 months of alimony (860/mo) while she was remarried.

My ex took our daughter and moved around the country. CS was sent to a PO box. She left no paper trail (home schooled, no medical bills). I later found out my ex legally changed my daughter's name. I never could establish paternity and have not to this date. Friends and family say she kind of resembles me, but not much at all. For me, I never saw the point in {censored}ing up her life when I finally did get reacquainted. She was in her late teens by then.

To this day is still estranged. We never were given any bonding time, and living these distances wasn't much to help. I bought her computers, cel phone etc to skype, call, email etc. That novelty wore off. I update her monthly still, even though it's not responded and hasn't been for several years. They now are in a closed type circle with their religious comm which removes any outsiders they can't recruit. last I heard she was to be married. I heard they split up though.

I am a very forgiving person, but for what my ex took from me in regards to any relationship I could have had with my daughter.. I can never forgive!!! What she did was the most cold and heartless thing I had ever endured.

Man, that's terrible :(
And I understand you 100%, cold and heartless are the exact words to describe the scenario.

• Members

Man, cudos to you for staying as riteous as you have through all that bull{censored}. When I met my second wife it was only 7 months after seperating from the first. And I had gone off the deep end, I self medicated with meth, and was beating cranksters to within inches of their lives. I lived across the street from a tweak bar and got to where I recognized all the worthless {censored}s that sell their wives, sisters or daughters for the dope. I couldn't work because I was unstable in my head because the {censored} the first one did to me during the divorce just through me for a loop. I couldn't beleive she was even capable of the {censored} she pulled and when I was on the job, thats all I would think about and so after the accident at work that almost got me crushed I quit working until I met my second wife...Actually I still worked but I was working for some of the local "cooks" who happened to be bikers, I grew up around bike clubsso I knew how to get in, fit in, and not {censored} anybody around.

So when I started work again I was behind in CS by couple thousand. They pulled 75% of my check so I would quit one place then start working another just to get the money to pay rent and bills then a few weeks go by, BAM 75%. This went on for about 4 months before I called them up and said, "Look I don't work for cigarette and gas money. You can either take a respectable amount out or I will just quit working all together and deal drugs or something. The next week, I got my check and they had taken 25%. I figured that was doable, and they took that until I got my income tax return, that was the year the earned income credit started and I got about $4000 back, they took a little over half and I was all caught up. In Oregon they only take so much any more. They have to leave the estranged parent enough to live on. They can take up to 50% but still thats better than a lot of states.

Archived