Post Pics of yer home studios.

Tommy Horrible

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianPOA

View Post

I got a little project home studio I am working on. Only thing I am missing is acoustic treatment. How do you guys determine where it all goes? Any tips/tricks?

cover early/direct reflection points and get the thicker stuff into the corners to swallow up the bass. but really as you buy/make and install the panels you start knowing where you want the next one to go.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by gt_jumper View Post
cover early/direct reflection points and get the thicker stuff into the corners to swallow up the bass. but really as you buy/make and install the panels you start knowing where you want the next one to go.
Gotcha. I have heard that some guys use a handheld mirror to detect where the reflection points are. Is that sound advice? Btw, I know I sound like n00b asking these questions (that's because I am), so please be gentle on my b-hole! icon_lol.gif

Oh, and thank you btw.

• Members

Gotcha. I have heard that some guys use a handheld mirror to detect where the reflection points are. Is that sound advice? Btw, I know I sound like n00b asking these questions (that's because I am), so please be gentle on my b-hole!
:lol:

Oh, and thank you btw.

Genuine questions get good help i like to think.

If you need a mirror then i guess that could help. in teh control room, keep the monitors off the desk and at ear level. and panel the ceiling too. My ceiling panel (cloud) was THE biggest improvement in image.

• Members

Genuine questions get good help i like to think.

If you need a mirror then i guess that could help. in teh control room, keep the monitors off the desk and at ear level. and panel the ceiling too. My ceiling panel (cloud) was THE biggest improvement in image.

My folks had some old vase stands they no longer use. I trimmed them about a foot and placed my Yamaha HS80Ms on there. Made a BIG difference.

Thanks for the ceiling tip. Also, I am using the closet in this room as a makeshift iso booth for my guitar cab. Would it make sense to put treatment foam on the inside of the closet door where the cabinet is facing?

• Members

My folks had some old vase stands they no longer use. I trimmed them about a foot and placed my Yamaha HS80Ms on there. Made a BIG difference.

Thanks for the ceiling tip. Also, I am using the closet in this room as a makeshift iso booth for my guitar cab. Would it make sense to put treatment foam on the inside of the closet door where the cabinet is facing?

hell yeah, BIIIG thick fibre batts would be great in there.

Archived