Extremely excited for these 3 monumental video games being released February 2013

Chrisjd

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Chrisjd View Post
Tell me about it. I haven't bought a game at it's release price in a long time.

Stupid HCAF didn't embed.
yeah I am not paying $60 for a game I will beat in two days, you can suck my balls.

I will shamelessly borrow it from the internet until steam has it for $30.

• Members

Bioshock Infinite I will probably get because I loved the first one, and this one is made by the same people. Dead Space was ok, but way too easy and repetitive. Dead Space one tip: Don't buy any weapons, just buy ammo, health packs, and upgrade the ones they give you at the beginning. You can drip feed yourself health packs, and pretty much be invincible. And I'm done with regen health games so {censored} Crysis 3.

But seriously, Dead Space is so easy and the direct you exactly where to go. I want a game, not a tedious part time job/interactive movie experience. And the story is an incomprehensible mess.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoch

View Post

I loved...and I mean LOVED...Dead Space 1 and 2. From what I've seen about DS3, it looks like they've turned it from sci-fi survival horror into a shooter. frown.gif

I hope that's not the case. What gave you that impression?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisjd

View Post

I hope that's not the case. What gave you that impression?

There was a video I saw of gameplay action, and it was a whole hell of a lot of gunfire and explosions and {censored}, and it was constant. Also, the addition of another character in the game that joins you and is chatty, etc. Seems like it undermines the game. What was awesome about the first two was that it was deathly quiet, that you had to listen for every single noise, and that you were completely and utterly alone. Seems like, at least from what I saw, that's not the case.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Murdoch View Post
There was a video I saw of gameplay action, and it was a whole hell of a lot of gunfire and explosions and {censored}, and it was constant. Also, the addition of another character in the game that joins you and is chatty, etc. Seems like it undermines the game. What was awesome about the first two was that it was deathly quiet, that you had to listen for every single noise, and that you were completely and utterly alone. Seems like, at least from what I saw, that's not the case.
Ah, i see. I did notice that other guy in the video previews. I agree that the thing that made the first 2 so fun was the isolation aspect, which gave a true survival horror feel.

I'll still buy it. Who knows, maybe it will be a fun change.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by carvinlegacy99 View Post
Great, maybe you can convince the 10-15% of people who actually pay for pc games to torrent them as well so game companies can quit making pc games all together instead of just {censored}ty console ports.
I've been working on that, but people just keep throwing their money at these assholes!

but seriously, I stopped the $60 investments when I got {censored}ed in the asshole on Diablo III.

Well played Blizzard, you piece of {censored}ing {censored}. No demo offered? Yeah I'm torrenting it and playing through for a few hours before I decide if I want to purchase or not. Not sorry and I never will be.

and FWIW most of my "pirated" games are for my PS3 emulator love.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Phrophus View Post
I'm anxiously awaiting the release of The Last of Us. Hopefully next year at some point.

Ya'll carry on, now.
Haven't heard of that one, i'll look into it.

On the subject of pirating games.....

I am not going to judge anyone(assy), but when I see how much incredible detail and work goes into these games, and how much enjoyment i get out of them, I have absolutely NO problem paying $60 for one.

Take Bioshock, for example. There was so much passion put into that game. All the steam-punk artwork, the old world lithographs and recordings, the people doing voices, the awesome graphics(for it's time). All these things provide for an awesome atmosphere and great overall experience, and in the end, a very memorable game that can be played multiple times.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Chrisjd View Post
Haven't heard of that one, i'll look into it.

On the subject of pirating games.....

I am not going to judge anyone(assy), but when I see how much incredible detail and work goes into these games, and how much enjoyment i get out of them, I have absolutely NO problem paying $60 for one.

Take Bioshock, for example. There was so much passion put into that game. All the steam-punk artwork, the old world lithographs and recordings, the people doing voices, the awesome graphics(for it's time). All these things provide for an awesome atmosphere and great overall experience, and in the end, a very memorable game that can be played multiple times.
yeah it took me 45 minutes of gameplay on my shared version of Dishonored to realize it was worth my money. I log into steam, low and behold, $30. win

Bioshock was good, but it wasn't THAT good. I loved how unique it was, {censored}ing awesome. Now Dishonored is like a Bioshock I can play over and over. Get it if you haven't.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by -Assy- View Post
yeah it took me 45 minutes of gameplay on my shared version of Dishonored to realize it was worth my money. I log into steam, low and behold, $30. win

Bioshock was good, but it wasn't THAT good. I loved how unique it was, {censored}ing awesome. Now Dishonored is like a Bioshock I can play over and over. Get it if you haven't.
Never played dishonored....

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by JR13 View Post
i bought condemned yesterday, I'm a little behind icon_lol.gif
...the FIRST condemned? Or bloodshot?

Either way, holy dated game, Batman eek.gif

It was cool when it first came out...but the gameplay is waaaaaaay behind (and teh grafix.... :blechsmile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Dolf View Post
...the FIRST condemned? Or bloodshot?

Either way, holy dated game, Batman eek.gif

It was cool when it first came out...but the gameplay is waaaaaaay behind (and teh grafix.... :blechsmile.gif
first one icon_lol.gif

Archived