Octave pedals

Mike LX-R

• Members

needs /=/ wants

i would agree but now that you can store settings i think it easily justifies the price tag when buying them used. the organ sounds are just stupid good. i used to have a micro synth that i really regret selling, putting crazy bits into songs really is fun.

• Members

The original POG is one of the pedals I have owned the longest. A bit nosiy if you run it with some gain. Yes, it does add to your noise floor. But, to me, it is worth it.

I like the ability to go up/down octave rather than just up like some octavia based effects. That way you can bring the thunder! :)

Did not like the Proctavia, at all.

I would also recommend the new Digitech Whammy. It is polyphonic and bad-ass!

• Members

Micropog here. I hardly use it, but it does track well, and it's nice that it will do chords. When I do use it, it's either in organ imitation mode or octave down to darken things up.

It probably tracks better than a Pog 2 or Pog, but doesn't have the versatility of either of those.

Another option that has pretty good tones in the demos I've seen is a BYOC Divided Octave, which is a clone of the Mutron Octave Divider. People who have owned both think it's sound is pretty spot on. It's a considerably cheaper option if you're at all capable with a soldering iron.

• Members

Micropog here. I hardly use it, but it does track well, and it's nice that it will do chords. When I do use it, it's either in organ imitation mode or octave down to darken things up.

It probably tracks better than a Pog 2 or Pog, but doesn't have the versatility of either of those.

Another option that has pretty good tones in the demos I've seen is a BYOC Divided Octave, which is a clone of the Mutron Octave Divider. People who have owned both think it's sound is pretty spot on. It's a considerably cheaper option if you're at all capable with a soldering iron.

how about selling me that micro pog that you rarely use? :wave:

• Members

how about selling me that micro pog that you rarely use?
:wave:

I said rarely, not never. :)

It's one of those things...the organ synth sound is really cool, though it's pretty much a gimmick that I fool around with every so often, and the octave down is useful a bit of the time. Thing is, I'd probably miss it after a while and want to buy another, and it's a pretty expensive pedal, so I'd rather not get on the equipment carousel.

• Members

I've tried a few octave type pedals from the visual sounds angry fuzz, to the whammy iv, to the ultimate octave, but out of all of them the micro pog sounded and played the best. If you want even more versatility though grab the pog 2. Buddy of mine has one and as everyone has stated, it's badass.

Archived