Two legendary troll threads I remember:

Slaymoar

• Members

1. Someone ordered tubes, and said they came in a weird box... the box was an orange or some other amp

2. Someone found a half stack for cheap, like a ridiculous cheap price, but didn't know the brand or anything, then later posted a pic and it was a bogner halfstack.

Was at least 3-4 years ago.

Warplanegrey/renoir era..

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Slaymoar

View Post

1. Someone ordered tubes, and said they came in a weird box... the box was an orange or some other amp

2. Someone found a half stack for cheap, like a ridiculous cheap price, but didn't know the brand or anything, then later posted a pic and it was a bogner halfstack.

Was at least 3-4 years ago.

Warplanegrey/renoir era..

There was a rash of troll threads when HCAF had an infestation of 4Chan cretins

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoch

View Post

Except he wasn't trolling. He was dead {censored}ing serious.

Yeah, but he did the classic turn at the end to try to make it LOOK like he was trolling, because he realized how utterly stupid it would look if he wasn't.

poke.gif It didn't work. He still looked stupid.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Miter Gauge

View Post

Who was the guy that bought some kind of vibrating magnet that he put on his electric guitars to "break them in"? He claimed the wood in the guitar didn't know it was a guitar yet.

That guy had to be a troll but I can't remember his name.

That would be hairydangler and the infamous ToneRite.

HCAF dubbed it "tonedildo". This is what NFA and I are talking about.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Miter Gauge

View Post

Who was the guy that bought some kind of vibrating magnet that he put on his electric guitars to "break them in"? He claimed the wood in the guitar didn't know it was a guitar yet.

That guy had to be a troll but I can't remember his name.

hey man, people on one of my bass forums claim cabinets "know" whether they're stacked vertically or horizontally, so... redface.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nightflameauto

View Post

Musicians are a superstitious bunch.

"And I got a lineman who hasn't washed his jock in two years because he thinks flies are lucky!"

dude you know as many extremely inconspicuous movie quotes as me, and that's just awesome icon_lol.gif Hey Marino, look! I'm throwing passes to a dolphin!

I like to aks my cabs how they prefer to be stacked/setup at rehearsals and gigs. Still waiting on that first response. snacks.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoch

View Post

I think #2 was Duncan trolling ultimate guitar with his Bogner in the road cases. Didn't he tell them he found some amp at a pawn shop at a low price or something?

I remember a guy finding a "bogner box" or something similar to that description on eBay, and ended up buying a fully functional Uberschall for a few hundred. idn_smilie.gif

• Members
dude you know as many extremely inconspicuous movie quotes as me, and that's just awesome
:lol:
Hey Marino, look! I'm throwing passes to a dolphin!

You got any gum?

No, and I'll thank you to stay out of my personal affairs.

You're a weird guy, Ace. A weird guy.

I like to aks my cabs how they prefer to be stacked/setup at rehearsals and gigs. Still waiting on that first response.
:snax:

Cabs are kinky. They usually like to be stacked sideways.

Archived