Sad day for Hamer Guitars...

soundgardener75

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

Bummer. The USA Hamers are sick guitars and beautifully crafted.

This, this, and THIS! cry.gif Y'all know I'm a total fanboi, but I only am because their USA guitars kill just about everything else, for my tastes. So sad ... I had been holding out hopes of one day hitting the lottery and being able to order my own custom shop job. frown.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter View Post
I would kill for the Winger Bass, but history has been wiped clean of it, Soviet-style.
Just a heads up, it was called the "Impact" bass. They are rare!

Quote Originally Posted by paul88lx View Post
I was waiting for you to post my favorite guitars that I have never played!!!!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I also had a super cheap import Hamer Flat-top, but I can't find any pics of it right now. It was actually a pretty damned awesome guitar.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter View Post
Totally agree. Old blues dudes who play expensive sunburst mahogany archtop stuff play Gibsons, and the guys who don't play Gibson, play PRS/Heritage/etc.

I would have KILLED for a nice Hamer Californian, but I could never find one. idn_smilie.gif

I would kill for the Winger Bass, but history has been wiped clean of it, Soviet-style.
My brother bought a sweet Californian 27 fret from thinkpad20. It's a fucking killer guitar

• Members

There was a used double cutaway hollowbody at the GC in Lake Forest that was $299.99, obnoxious orange finish, but it played really nice. Wish I had the cash, the wife would hate the sight of that thing. icon_lol.gif

Here I was wishing to have owned a hot pink Californian too, the young n00b in me wanted to have bragging rights for the most ridiculous looking 27-fretter ever. icon_lol.gif

Sad day for Hamer, but could be a great day for Guild... if they get the right people to make those killer electrics like the S-100, Bluesbird and the Starfire. thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by soundgardener75 View Post
There was a used double cutaway hollowbody at the GC in Lake Forest that was $299.99, obnoxious orange finish, but it played really nice. Wish I had the cash, the wife would hate the sight of that thing. icon_lol.gif

Here I was wishing to have owned a hot pink Californian too, the young n00b in me wanted to have bragging rights for the most ridiculous looking 27-fretter ever. icon_lol.gif

Sad day for Hamer, but could be a great day for Guild... if they get the right people to make those killer electrics like the S-100, Bluesbird and the Starfire. thumb.gif
Yep, those 27 fretters make a great shred machine. Extra points for neon colors!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by telephant

View Post

How is your brother? I never see him post anymore. idn_smilie.gif

He's good, at college right now. He hasn't posted here in like a year or more but I'm not sure why. He's a music composition major and has learned like 4 new instruments because he's writing orchestral music all day icon_lol.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Reverend179 View Post
FMIC bought KMC, INC, in 2007. The list of brands Fender now owns from this purchase include:

Adamas
Amigo
Applause
Arbor
Charvel
Hamer
Jasmine
JBP
J Reynolds
Ovation
Sierra
Slammer
Takamine
Gibraltar Hardware
Gretsch Drums
Kat Percussion
LP Music
Percussion Plus
Protection Racket
Sabian
Toca
Barcus-Berry
Cherub
Fender Accessories
Full Contact Hardware
Groove Tubes
Hercules
Lauren
Lee Oskar Harmonicas
Levy's Leathers
MBT Cases
RMS
Seiko
Shadow Electronics
Stageline
Genz Benz
Vic Firth
Uhm, can someone define/explain the monopoly/anti-trust laws again? That's right, since ole Saint Ronnie the application/prosecution of those laws have been an afterthought.

Derek

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zehn

View Post

He's good, at college right now. He hasn't posted here in like a year or more but I'm not sure why. He's a music composition major and has learned like 4 new instruments because he's writing orchestral music all day icon_lol.gif

Thats awesome! Can he shred the violin now? biggrin.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by telephant View Post
Thats awesome! Can he shred the violin now? biggrin.gif
Last I heard he can at least play it. My sister plays bango, and he can play the fiddle so I'm thinking we should do a family bluegrass band icon_lol.gif

Believe it or not bluegrass is really popular up here

Archived