EMG Het Set in a Les Paul

Norton666

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Les-Zombie View Post
I found the het set to be more versatile than the 81/85/60 that i used for the last 13 yrs.
the cleans are the best of any emg i have used and sounds warmer and fuller. The bridge pu has alot of output but is clear sounding and tight with great lows, they have a slightly different feel and midrange, overall i think they are the best emgs that i have used. I wished i could describe them better. They still have the emg flavor and if you like emgs you should like them or if you hate emgs you still might hate them. Its not a night and day difference but theres defiantely a difference from the others that i mentioned earlier. They sound great in my eclipse and i also had them in a silverbust lpc and was very happy. I wanna put a set in my KL explorer soon.

So overall i would describe them as warmer,clearer,tight, thicker lows and slightly different mids, more output and the seem to work better than other emgs when rolling off the volume, the neck pu is really clean sounding.
Penis-whipping aside, from the rest of the thread; You didn't mention whether or not you needed long shaft pots in your LP within this great and well informed post.

• Members

I have an 85/60 combination in my ESP Eclipse.
A while ago I played in a birthday, my buddy's dad became 60.
Lots of older, blues based music, Tom Petty songs etc..

The entire evening's sound was an old Pod bean set to a Vox emulation into the input of a Peavey Backstage. Sounded great. But I played great biggrin.gif

EMGs work for most things smile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by superflyinmonke View Post
Penis-whipping aside, from the rest of the thread; You didn't mention whether or not you needed long shaft pots in your LP within this great and well informed post.
I never used the pots that came with the set because both guitars was already wired for emgs.
I also thought somebody else answered that part of the question.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin Rules

View Post

I would never use EMGs in a cover band guitar. Not versatile enough

Ive never thought of EMGs being a one trick pony pup. Im definitely not an EMG fanboy , but I think they make work well in a situation where I need a lot of different sounds throughout the evening. Also , I find them to be a lot more resistent to outside noise ( ground hum etc.) . I dont know if the Het set is a better option than just the standard ol ZW set

Archived