Fender Mustang 1 vs. Vox VT20+

poderoso

• Members

Hey guys,

I know I haven't posted in a while but I need your help. I've been looking at the Fender Mustang 1 for a bedroom amp. I tried it and listened to a bunch of Youtube videos and I really like it. I think it's the perfect amp for around $100.

But here is the dilemma. My friend is selling a Vox VT20+ for $75. I've never tried it, but I heard some youtube videos and it doesn't sound as impressive as the Fender Mustang 1 in the demo vids. I know this could be because of poor micing or a poor conversion of the audio file so I wanna hear what you guys think.

I play different kinds of music but I want to be able to play some rock, blues and metal on it. Im leaning towards the Fender Mustang 1 but for $75 is the Vox VT20+ a better deal? I'm meeting my friend tonight so I need your help!

Thanksbiggrin.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Musicscotty View Post
Buy the amp that you feel is right for you.

It looks like you've already favoured the Mustang.

Go with your instincts.
The reason I'm geared towards the Mustang if because I haven't had first hand experience with the Vox. But my friend said I can test drive the Vox for a couple weeks and pay him if I decide to keep it. So I guess I have more time to decide.

Thanks for the response btw!

Archived