New Alice in Chains IN HERE RIGHT NOW!

Redsand187

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i used to love AIC back in the day but everything theyve done the last few years (to me) sounds like a band trying to sounds like AIC without being able to actually write good songs like they used to. i hate the terms 'hook' but the old AIC songs had hooks and were a lot more melodic than they currently are. theyve got the same texture/ vibe, etc but the songs are ...well, i dont like them.

that said im going to buy the album anyway, hopefully ill like it more than the last one.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 100 watt

View Post

cant wait to grab it.

Hopefully william is utilized more on vox this time around. Glad they got him.

This. Jerry's great and all, but his voice can get bland after a while. Alice in Chains worked because the harmonies worked and having two singers kept it fresh.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by LIBBY!

View Post

I never realized how much Jerry was THE MAN behind AIC until this new gen stuff from them came out. He is really the lead singer, other dude work great with him though.

Jerry's solo disc is awesome too...

I think he has like 3, IIRC.

The first one I can't recall and then Degredation Trip Vol. 1 & 2. Maybe nredface.gift. Still, Jerry is my fave living player so yeah.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mrelusive

View Post

boggy depot was the first one.

This and Degradation Trip was written by Jerry as a double album, but the label wanted him to release it initially as a single album and later on as a double album, which he did. So, he has two solo albums, one of which is a double album.

Archived