12/21/12: Ampocalipse

guitarbilly74

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74 View Post
what's the C12 mod?
I gotta have it on my DSL. Just clip one leg to see if you like it. It makes the red channel more consistent with the Green crunch channel. Easier to EQ, so both channels sound good and fuller sound on the red channel even at lower volumes.

When I got my DSL a couple months ago, I thought it sounded way better than my old DSL. I went to do the mod anyway a couple weeks ago and I noticed the C12 was already clipped.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by atrox View Post
I gotta have it on my DSL. Just clip one leg to see if you like it. It makes the red channel more consistent with the Green crunch channel. Easier to EQ, so both channels sound good and fuller sound on the red channel even at lower volumes.

When I got my DSL a couple months ago, I thought it sounded way better than my old DSL. I went to do the mod anyway a couple weeks ago and I noticed the C12 was already clipped.
interesting. I will try the mod when I open up the amp smile.gif good info, thanks!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74 View Post
I think I want to replace the GH
Well then my friend, don't I have some great news for YOU! icon_lol.gif

You can take your pick between the GH50L and the LH50R eek.gif

or buy both for a smokin' 1 time (help me unload my gear) sale, PM for pricing thumb.gif

icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zehn

View Post

Isn't that just the bright cap mod, or is it different?

It's a bright cap, but its actually on the red channels gain control. Not the Volume. It's weird how they do it, but it makes a huge difference.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R View Post
Well then my friend, don't I have some great news for YOU! icon_lol.gif

You can take your pick between the GH50L and the LH50R eek.gif

or buy both for a smokin' 1 time (help me unload my gear) sale, PM for pricing thumb.gif

icon_lol.gif
give me a month or so on that and we will talk.. probably early Jan... smile.gif

• Members

ive said it 5,000 times, and ill say it again (to piss off RB who im sure is annoyed by now icon_lol.gif )

what the {censored} is with marshall's modeling scheme? can't they just give their amps a model name and call it a mother{censored}ing day? why is it a 2009' JCM900 2230, DSL JBL with a 2009' 1960A blah blah blah.
i have literally no idea what that is, how many watts, head or combo, reverb-equipped, etc.
that said, fender pisses me off with theirs too.

/rant

Archived