5150III 50watt boost?

Nathanisking

• Members

How loud are you playing? The blue channel on the 50 watt has more gain the 100 watt's blue channel. If you need more gain, use the red channel. IMO the voicings aren't that different.

I guess I'm not understanding your intent. If the blue channel doesnt have enough gain, use the red. If you don't like the voicing of the amp and it's channels, get a different amp.

IMO boosting the blue channel with an OD will not give you the results you desire. That said, I use a boost on my blue channel for solos and love it, but I generally use the blue channel with the gain at 10:00 and it's plenty for one of my bands.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How loud are you playing? The blue channel on the 50 watt has more gain the 100 watt's blue channel. If you need more gain, use the red channel. IMO the voicings aren't that different.

I guess I'm not understanding your intent. If the blue channel doesnt have enough gain, use the red. If you don't like the voicing of the amp and it's channels, get a different amp.

IMO boosting the blue channel with an OD will not give you the results you desire. That said, I use a boost on my blue channel for solos and love it, but I generally use the blue channel with the gain at 10:00 and it's plenty for one of my bands.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanisking

View Post

Maybe I'm just not playing loud enough? I thought channel blue was supposed to emulate a hotrodded Marshall, I guess I'm treating it like a lead channel and maybe that's not it's intent?

The blue channel is supposed to be the rhythm channel.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanisking

View Post

Maybe I'm just not playing loud enough? I thought channel blue was supposed to emulate a hotrodded Marshall, I guess I'm treating it like a lead channel and maybe that's not it's intent?

The blue channel is supposed to be the rhythm channel.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Nathanisking View Post
I guess this is how I was imagining I could use it:

Blue Channel: 80s metal tones/hard rock tones rhythms and leads
Red Channel: Modern rock/modern metal rhythms and leads

Unless that is not possible?
I think the 5150iii is perfect for that , stick an eq or boost in the loop for a lead boost and your set .

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Nathanisking View Post
I guess this is how I was imagining I could use it:

Blue Channel: 80s metal tones/hard rock tones rhythms and leads
Red Channel: Modern rock/modern metal rhythms and leads

Unless that is not possible?
I think the 5150iii is perfect for that , stick an eq or boost in the loop for a lead boost and your set .

• Members

Okay, I have but don't have the 5150 III 50 watt... I do but it is still in its box in the back of my truck (THANKS LOOP!)... but any quality OD should get you want you're looking for to push channel 2 a little.

I know a lot of folks love the old T S, but I find that it is hit or miss with how it thins some amps out. My OD pedals of choice are the YJM, yeah I'm a fanboy, or the Danelectro Daddy-O. I'll be trying those out directly with my 5150III 50.

Derek

• Members

Okay, I have but don't have the 5150 III 50 watt... I do but it is still in its box in the back of my truck (THANKS LOOP!)... but any quality OD should get you want you're looking for to push channel 2 a little.

I know a lot of folks love the old T S, but I find that it is hit or miss with how it thins some amps out. My OD pedals of choice are the YJM, yeah I'm a fanboy, or the Danelectro Daddy-O. I'll be trying those out directly with my 5150III 50.

Derek

Archived