5150III 50watt boost?

Nathanisking

• Members

Well the humming was from my basement lights so the humming is out of the question

Things I've determined:

-Plug all the pedals in the DC Brick and run them in front of the amp, no channel popping but the pedals do pop when engaged

-Plug all the pedals in the DC Brick and run them in the loop, no channel popping but the pedals do pop when engaged

-If I have my Wah, Phaser and Flanger plugged into the DC brick and the Carbon Copy into the loop with a battery, no channel popping but the pedals in connected to the DC brick to pop, not loudly but it is noticeable

Would switching to a Voodoo Lab power supply help maybe plugging all the pedals into the DC brick since it doesn't have isolated ports?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well the humming was from my basement lights so the humming is out of the question

Things I've determined:

-Plug all the pedals in the DC Brick and run them in front of the amp, no channel popping but the pedals do pop when engaged

-Plug all the pedals in the DC Brick and run them in the loop, no channel popping but the pedals do pop when engaged

-If I have my Wah, Phaser and Flanger plugged into the DC brick and the Carbon Copy into the loop with a battery, no channel popping but the pedals in connected to the DC brick to pop, not loudly but it is noticeable

Would switching to a Voodoo Lab power supply help maybe plugging all the pedals into the DC brick since it doesn't have isolated ports?

• Members

The DC Brick doesnt have isolated power for each outlet, so something like the Voodoo Labs (which does have isolated outlets) may get rid of the popping.

I use a VHT valvulator and it has isolated outputs. I tried a 1 spot and a DC brick when I built a newer smaller pedalboard and they both had noise issues.

Isolated outs is the way to go, IMO.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by nwright View Post
The DC Brick doesnt have isolated power for each outlet, so something like the Voodoo Labs (which does have isolated outlets) may get rid of the popping.

I use a VHT valvulator and it has isolated outputs. I tried a 1 spot and a DC brick when I built a newer smaller pedalboard and they both had noise issues.

What would be the issue for the channel popping like that?

I'll probably end up having to get the Pedal Power 2 + because I have a Pedaltrain board, but I want to make sure it will work with all my pedals, and if it will kill the popping issue

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by nwright View Post

What would be the issue for the channel popping like that?

I'll probably end up having to get the Pedal Power 2 + because I have a Pedaltrain board, but I want to make sure it will work with all my pedals, and if it will kill the popping issue

Archived