Les Miserables was awesome

Mike LX-R

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pioneerprogress

View Post

I'm not down on anyone who goes and sees it and likes it, just never been the least bit interested in musicals idn_smilie.gif

Maybe I'll watch it with the wife once it's on DVD?

I feel you. I can enjoy a musical but they aren't really my bag. My lady loves theater like we love guitar/maps. Les Miserables is different though, with that innovative way they added the full arrangement after shooting with just voice and piano accompaniment. It's worth a watch even if musicals tend to be a bit ghey.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pioneerprogress

View Post

I'm not down on anyone who goes and sees it and likes it, just never been the least bit interested in musicals idn_smilie.gif

Maybe I'll watch it with the wife once it's on DVD?

I feel you. I can enjoy a musical but they aren't really my bag. My lady loves theater like we love guitar/maps. Les Miserables is different though, with that innovative way they added the full arrangement after shooting with just voice and piano accompaniment. It's worth a watch even if musicals tend to be a bit ghey.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R

View Post

despite Russell Crowe being awful... like awful with the exception of one song, the movie was fan-{censored}ing-tastic.

Ann Hathaway's performance was beyond {censored}ing stellar. She just moved way way WAY up the ladder of my snobbish opinions. Hugh Jackman was very VERY good as well. Both of them, solid actor/performers.

:applause:

She actually went out and got some random dude's STDs she met on the net so she could better understand her prostiture character better.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R

View Post

despite Russell Crowe being awful... like awful with the exception of one song, the movie was fan-{censored}ing-tastic.

Ann Hathaway's performance was beyond {censored}ing stellar. She just moved way way WAY up the ladder of my snobbish opinions. Hugh Jackman was very VERY good as well. Both of them, solid actor/performers.

:applause:

She actually went out and got some random dude's STDs she met on the net so she could better understand her prostiture character better.

Archived