ok ok tell me about aftershock cabs

magh8

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

View Post

I've been holding off on cab building mainly due to the lack of ability to construct finger joints with the tools I currently own. To see the Angle brace in the Mills... facepalm.gif

Finger joints are all well and good but its pretty much just eye candy and if you're going to cover it then its a waste of time. Orange and matamp cabs are held together with dowelled butt joints and they hold up just fine. My preference is screw pocket joints. You can buy a kreg screw pocket jig for $20 and they are pretty damn good!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

View Post

I've been holding off on cab building mainly due to the lack of ability to construct finger joints with the tools I currently own. To see the Angle brace in the Mills... facepalm.gif

Finger joints are all well and good but its pretty much just eye candy and if you're going to cover it then its a waste of time. Orange and matamp cabs are held together with dowelled butt joints and they hold up just fine. My preference is screw pocket joints. You can buy a kreg screw pocket jig for $20 and they are pretty damn good!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zozobra

View Post

True, plywood is only real strong when its in large sheets. I use reinforced butt joints on cabs i build for myself and frankly they are probably far stronger than finger or dovetail joints on plywood.

Archived