Goldeneye, the movie

Cougar Hunter

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er2

View Post

The problem with Daniel Craig for me is that Bond is supposed to be suave as {censored}. The ultimate womanizer. I'm just not buying that from Daniel Craig.

Daniel Craig is a badass though. He is definitely the toughest bond out of all of them.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er2

View Post

The problem with Daniel Craig for me is that Bond is supposed to be suave as {censored}. The ultimate womanizer. I'm just not buying that from Daniel Craig.

Daniel Craig is a badass though. He is definitely the toughest bond out of all of them.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Kidbs View Post
Can we all agree that Timothy Dalton was the worst Bond? I always hate when they play his movies during the Bond movie marathons. There was nothing suave, cool or tough about him.

I liked him. Or atleast I liked the movie he was in. idn_smilie.gif

I think worst is relative anyway since all of them are rather good. Maybe I would choose Roger Moore as the "worst" since imo he sticks out as the one who is the least suave and has a different kind of humor. But then again this is on purpose and Moore has done some really good James Bond movies.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Kidbs View Post
Can we all agree that Timothy Dalton was the worst Bond? I always hate when they play his movies during the Bond movie marathons. There was nothing suave, cool or tough about him.

I think worst is relative anyway since all of them are rather good. Maybe I would choose Roger Moore as the "worst" since imo he sticks out as the one who is the least suave and has a different kind of humor. But then again this is on purpose and Moore has done some really good James Bond movies.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Kuh View Post

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyace View Post
Nobody mentions Rodger Moore ??? Not my fav, but liked him
lol

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er2 View Post
Good enough for Rachel Weisz, sharp knees for HC.
biggrin.gif

• Members

Love the movie and the game. Both were big parts of my childhood. I just made my girlfriend watch it a few weeks ago since she had never seen any Bond movies.

I also just finished reading a book based on the screenplay. It was cool to see some small changes from the movie, as well as some more elaboration filling in parts of the plot (the deal with Valentin, how Bond manages to get out of Russia without being arrested after driving a stolen tank through St. Petersburg, etc.).

• Members

Gotta read the books to get "the real" James Bond. Over the years poor "B" actors and ex underwear models have watered down the edge of our favorite spy. The movies have slowly played up the cool gadgets and comic book villians that the books gloss over, the movies have given some of the "Bond Girls" a lot more treatment than the books have. There is a reason why James Bond is the way he is, and the newer harder edged Craig pics have done well to remind us that the dude truely has a licence to kill.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kidbs

View Post

I think that title goes to George Lazenby.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Markdude View Post
Love the movie and the game. Both were big parts of my childhood. I just made my girlfriend watch it a few weeks ago since she had never seen any Bond movies.

I also just finished reading a book based on the screenplay. It was cool to see some small changes from the movie, as well as some more elaboration filling in parts of the plot (the deal with Valentin, how Bond manages to get out of Russia without being arrested after driving a stolen tank through St. Petersburg, etc.).
Dumb question: I'm having a brainfart.

after they escaped the train, how did they get to Cuba? I know Jack Wade trades a plane for Bond's car, but they were already in the Caribbean when that happens. How did they get out of Russia?

Thanks!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter View Post
Dumb question: I'm having a brainfart.

after they escaped the train, how did they get to Cuba? I know Jack Wade trades a plane for Bond's car, but they were already in the Caribbean when that happens. How did they get out of Russia?

Thanks!
I don't believe the movie mentions it at all, but in the book, they walk around the outskirts of St. Petersburg and come across a small hotel/restaurant. The police come by at some point looking for them, but the hotel owner hates cops and says he's had no customers for the day. Bond gives him a tip and then calls Wade and tells him what happened and that they need to get to Cuba. Wade has them stay there for the night, and comes by the next day with disguises and fake passports. Bond's disguise makes him look older and chubby, and Natalya's makes her look like a teenage schoolgirl wearing a uniform. Wade drops them off at the airport so they can get to Cuba.

Archived