Goldeneye, the movie

Cougar Hunter

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wasn't much of a Brosnan fan until he played Bond. His depiction of Bond was as good if not better than Sean which says a lot for me. The Bond films he did were great! The Bond chicks roles were better too.

Daniel Craig is alright, but Brosnan just was meant for the role.

As for Renee Russo (TCA), hot yes, but the chin is a bit Lenoish icon_lol.gif

• Members

I wasn't much of a Brosnan fan until he played Bond. His depiction of Bond was as good if not better than Sean which says a lot for me. The Bond films he did were great! The Bond chicks roles were better too.

Daniel Craig is alright, but Brosnan just was meant for the role.

As for Renee Russo (TCA), hot yes, but the chin is a bit Lenoish icon_lol.gif

• Members

All you guys who think that Brosnan was the best Bond need to a) read some of Flemming's books and b) re-watch the original Sean Connery movies.

Don't get me wrong, there were some good moments in those movies, but Brosnan never made me believe he was capable of the ruthlessness that it takes to be a spy.

• Members

All you guys who think that Brosnan was the best Bond need to a) read some of Flemming's books and b) re-watch the original Sean Connery movies.

Don't get me wrong, there were some good moments in those movies, but Brosnan never made me believe he was capable of the ruthlessness that it takes to be a spy.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter View Post
Remington Steel was kind of like bond IIRC.
Quote Originally Posted by soundgardener75 View Post
I think that's why he got the Bond gig. icon_lol.gif
Actually, he was married to a woman who was in 'For Your Eyes Only' and was visiting the set one day and apparently Cubby Broccoli saw him and said right there 'That's our next Bond when Roger retires'...

He was supposed to replace Roger Moore, but NBC (or whatever network) brought back Remington Steele based on all the hype surrounding him being the new Bond, and the Studio couldn't accommodate filming around his TV schedule. And really, didn't want him playing Steele and Bond at the same time.

I liked 'Goldeneye' but I felt Brosnan's time had passed to play Bond by then, and then each subsequent movie just got worse and worse...

He is one suave MotherF**ker though...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter View Post
Remington Steel was kind of like bond IIRC.
Quote Originally Posted by soundgardener75 View Post
I think that's why he got the Bond gig. icon_lol.gif
Actually, he was married to a woman who was in 'For Your Eyes Only' and was visiting the set one day and apparently Cubby Broccoli saw him and said right there 'That's our next Bond when Roger retires'...

He was supposed to replace Roger Moore, but NBC (or whatever network) brought back Remington Steele based on all the hype surrounding him being the new Bond, and the Studio couldn't accommodate filming around his TV schedule. And really, didn't want him playing Steele and Bond at the same time.

I liked 'Goldeneye' but I felt Brosnan's time had passed to play Bond by then, and then each subsequent movie just got worse and worse...

He is one suave MotherF**ker though...

• Members

It's my favorite Bond film too (which isn't saying much because I've only seen a couple) but regardless it's an awesome movie.

Also, I logged thousands of fucking hours on Goldeneye 64 - that was a genre-defining game for sure. love.gif

Plus, it paved the way for Perfect Dark, which is without a doubt my favorite shooter EVER love.giflove.gif

• Members

It's my favorite Bond film too (which isn't saying much because I've only seen a couple) but regardless it's an awesome movie.

Also, I logged thousands of fucking hours on Goldeneye 64 - that was a genre-defining game for sure. love.gif

Plus, it paved the way for Perfect Dark, which is without a doubt my favorite shooter EVER love.giflove.gif

Archived