My Second Partsocaster Project...

STEEL KAGE

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by -=Pennywise=-

View Post

If you're looking for a GOOD neck from Mighty Mite and willing to pay a bit extra, contact CEG Hardtails on Ebay. He does all the level/crown/polish for you. I've bought three necks from this guy so far and they're prefect out of the box. the action height I can get out of them is amazing.

here's a quick ebay search link on what he's selling today.

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/ceghardtails1...id=p4340.l2562

THATS THE TICKET!!!! Thanks for the heads up Bro!!! FWIW, I think that those prices are well worth it..

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

View Post

If you're looking for a GOOD neck from Mighty Mite and willing to pay a bit extra, contact CEG Hardtails on Ebay. He does all the level/crown/polish for you. I've bought three necks from this guy so far and they're prefect out of the box. the action height I can get out of them is amazing.

THATS THE TICKET!!!! Thanks for the heads up Bro!!! FWIW, I think that those prices are well worth it..

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by draelyc

View Post

Looks absolutely awesome, Kage! I'd love to have a beat-to-hell Strat in the stable, though I would prolly stick with my vintage style Wilkinson trems & Sperzels. Never played a scalloped(sp?) board, as you know, so I can't comment in that, but judging by the pic, thar guit has plenty of Mojo on tap. biggrin.gif

Hey Bro glad that you like it and you are more than welcome to have it your way; Trem, tuners etc... The relicing is easy PROVIDED that you dont get a body thats finished in Poly, that stuff is friggin bulletproof and not worth the headaches if you want relic it. Other than that, keep an eye on ebay and you can put together as serious player for a pittance. If you need any help, just give me a holler, my door is always open to ya!!!

Kage

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by draelyc

View Post

Looks absolutely awesome, Kage! I'd love to have a beat-to-hell Strat in the stable, though I would prolly stick with my vintage style Wilkinson trems & Sperzels. Never played a scalloped(sp?) board, as you know, so I can't comment in that, but judging by the pic, thar guit has plenty of Mojo on tap. biggrin.gif

Hey Bro glad that you like it and you are more than welcome to have it your way; Trem, tuners etc... The relicing is easy PROVIDED that you dont get a body thats finished in Poly, that stuff is friggin bulletproof and not worth the headaches if you want relic it. Other than that, keep an eye on ebay and you can put together as serious player for a pittance. If you need any help, just give me a holler, my door is always open to ya!!!

Kage

• Members

View Post

If you're looking for a GOOD neck from Mighty Mite and willing to pay a bit extra, contact CEG Hardtails on Ebay. He does all the level/crown/polish for you. I've bought three necks from this guy so far and they're perfect out of the box. the action height I can get out of them is amazing.

Cool link man, thanks. I've been wanting to do a partscaster for ages, but just haven't gotten to one yet, this would be nice to use, though.

Kage, well done brother. Not one for relic's but that looks damn nice. Actually looks like a really nice relic job, sweet.

• Members

View Post

If you're looking for a GOOD neck from Mighty Mite and willing to pay a bit extra, contact CEG Hardtails on Ebay. He does all the level/crown/polish for you. I've bought three necks from this guy so far and they're perfect out of the box. the action height I can get out of them is amazing.

Cool link man, thanks. I've been wanting to do a partscaster for ages, but just haven't gotten to one yet, this would be nice to use, though.

Kage, well done brother. Not one for relic's but that looks damn nice. Actually looks like a really nice relic job, sweet.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by greg apocalypse

View Post

Thanks Greg, I know that relicd guitars arent everyones thing and for the most part, I dont like typical relic jobs. I think really beat up looks cool but never understood the lengths that people would go to for "accurate" relicing lol. I wanted something that looked absolutely beat to hell, went through re-entry or a house fire, something that was just thrashed . I took a beat up body and did exactly that without really caring and I think thats why it came out so well... I think that Im going to take a blow torch to the next one and see what I can do with that, go all Marcellus Jackson Medieval on it...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by greg apocalypse

View Post

Thanks Greg, I know that relicd guitars arent everyones thing and for the most part, I dont like typical relic jobs. I think really beat up looks cool but never understood the lengths that people would go to for "accurate" relicing lol. I wanted something that looked absolutely beat to hell, went through re-entry or a house fire, something that was just thrashed . I took a beat up body and did exactly that without really caring and I think thats why it came out so well... I think that Im going to take a blow torch to the next one and see what I can do with that, go all Marcellus Jackson Medieval on it...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by STEEL KAGE

View Post

well worth it Kage, the only beef is you gotta check often. He'll list 4 at a time in most ebay listings and they sell quick. Some of the grains on his necks (he's closeby to the MM distributor, goes there personally to pick the best looking ones) look like something you'd find in a $250 neck from other places.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by STEEL KAGE

View Post

well worth it Kage, the only beef is you gotta check often. He'll list 4 at a time in most ebay listings and they sell quick. Some of the grains on his necks (he's closeby to the MM distributor, goes there personally to pick the best looking ones) look like something you'd find in a $250 neck from other places.

• Members

Nice job Kage! That's a unique and cool looking sled you put together there. I too have a partscaster that's one of my favorite guitars. Hell, Strats are really just a couple of pieces of wood bolted together...just take some care in the assembly and you can easily have something as good as a "real" Strat.

Anyway, the Area pickups...I was thinking just this weekend about getting a set for my partscaster. Do you ride your guitar volume much when you play? I do and I've noticed that most of the noiseless singles I've used get really thin and lifeless when the guitar volume isn't on 10. How about the Area pups? Do they keep a little muscle as you scale back the guitar volume?

• Members

Nice job Kage! That's a unique and cool looking sled you put together there. I too have a partscaster that's one of my favorite guitars. Hell, Strats are really just a couple of pieces of wood bolted together...just take some care in the assembly and you can easily have something as good as a "real" Strat.

Anyway, the Area pickups...I was thinking just this weekend about getting a set for my partscaster. Do you ride your guitar volume much when you play? I do and I've noticed that most of the noiseless singles I've used get really thin and lifeless when the guitar volume isn't on 10. How about the Area pups? Do they keep a little muscle as you scale back the guitar volume?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by diddlybo

View Post

Thanks!! Ive got to be honest with ya bro, when I think about it, 90% of the time, my volume knob is full bore so I cant give you an accurate answer. I can say that beyond a shadow of a doubt, The Area 61 in the neck, the Area 67 in the middle and either an Area Heavy Blues II or a Tone Zone S in the bridge are my 2 favorite Strat combos of all time... these days, Im all about Heavy Blues Rock and yours is a very good question. I havent noticed anything about them that I dont like at all but Im going to have to mess around with the volume knob a bit more and get back to you..

Kage

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by diddlybo

View Post

Thanks!! Ive got to be honest with ya bro, when I think about it, 90% of the time, my volume knob is full bore so I cant give you an accurate answer. I can say that beyond a shadow of a doubt, The Area 61 in the neck, the Area 67 in the middle and either an Area Heavy Blues II or a Tone Zone S in the bridge are my 2 favorite Strat combos of all time... these days, Im all about Heavy Blues Rock and yours is a very good question. I havent noticed anything about them that I dont like at all but Im going to have to mess around with the volume knob a bit more and get back to you..

Kage

• Members

View Post

Thats a home run man, I cant thank you enough for the heads up. I have a body in need of a neck so Ill just send the guy an email and ask him to save me one that Im looking for..

Kage

• Members

View Post

Thats a home run man, I cant thank you enough for the heads up. I have a body in need of a neck so Ill just send the guy an email and ask him to save me one that Im looking for..

Kage

Archived