My Second Partsocaster Project...

STEEL KAGE

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phrophus

View Post

Honestly, the only scalloped fretboard that I've ever played was one I did myself on my el cheapo first guitar, and I really didn't know what I was doing, so the scallops are extremely deep. I didn't get along well with that fretboard, but I might be fine with one that's done well.

Like I said , It really is an acquired taste and not for everyone. Ive found that for me, the depth of the scallop doesnt mean much because your not touching the board either way. If you have a heavy fretting hand, you definitely need to readjust your technique or else youll be going sharp all over the place. For me, its almost like it gives me better control with bends and vibrato as it feels like your fingertip kind of wraps around the string giving you a better grip if you know what I mean.

BTW, kudos on the self scallop, If I had even attempted that, the neck wouldnt have been good for anything other than firewood LOL!!!

• Members

View Post

Honestly, the only scalloped fretboard that I've ever played was one I did myself on my el cheapo first guitar, and I really didn't know what I was doing, so the scallops are extremely deep. I didn't get along well with that fretboard, but I might be fine with one that's done well.

Like I said , It really is an acquired taste and not for everyone. Ive found that for me, the depth of the scallop doesnt mean much because your not touching the board either way. If you have a heavy fretting hand, you definitely need to readjust your technique or else youll be going sharp all over the place. For me, its almost like it gives me better control with bends and vibrato as it feels like your fingertip kind of wraps around the string giving you a better grip if you know what I mean.

BTW, kudos on the self scallop, If I had even attempted that, the neck wouldnt have been good for anything other than firewood LOL!!!

• Members

View Post

I thought that guitar played pretty well. I was kinda surprised how easy it was to get used to playing

• Members

View Post

I thought that guitar played pretty well. I was kinda surprised how easy it was to get used to playing

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by STEEL KAGE View Post
I know LOL!!! No BS, youre looking at about 360 bucks total, half of that being the pickups..

Kage
Did you buy the neck new? Who did the scalloping? Nice looking partscaster. All my builds are Warmoth and average $800 complete. The necks and pickups being the big dollar items. That said, they are my favorate go to guitars. I'm in the process right now of building up a sonic blue strat with a Warmoth maple neck, KWS head stock and Duncan stacked single coils.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by STEEL KAGE View Post
I know LOL!!! No BS, youre looking at about 360 bucks total, half of that being the pickups..

Kage
Did you buy the neck new? Who did the scalloping? Nice looking partscaster. All my builds are Warmoth and average $800 complete. The necks and pickups being the big dollar items. That said, they are my favorate go to guitars. I'm in the process right now of building up a sonic blue strat with a Warmoth maple neck, KWS head stock and Duncan stacked single coils.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by AXEL276

View Post

No, I had it laying around. a friend scalloped it and then refinished it in light satin after putting the decal on it.. You can definitely spend a pretty penny ordering from Warmoth and the various other parts places out there. All of the parts that I have are just random things that IVe picked up REALLY cheap and Ive been super lucky that so far, they all sound great as well. As you know, Partsocasters can be hit or miss in the sound department. Ive played a couple of great looking and playing partsocasters that just didnt sound great..

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by AXEL276

View Post

No, I had it laying around. a friend scalloped it and then refinished it in light satin after putting the decal on it.. You can definitely spend a pretty penny ordering from Warmoth and the various other parts places out there. All of the parts that I have are just random things that IVe picked up REALLY cheap and Ive been super lucky that so far, they all sound great as well. As you know, Partsocasters can be hit or miss in the sound department. Ive played a couple of great looking and playing partsocasters that just didnt sound great..

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by rfaranda

View Post

How the hell you been Kage, its been a while.............

Badass git man. My daughter and I built one years ago with the full scallop... Great playing setup.

Hey Rob!! Hell yeah man, it has been awhile, Im doing great, hope that all is well with you and yours...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by rfaranda

View Post

How the hell you been Kage, its been a while.............

Badass git man. My daughter and I built one years ago with the full scallop... Great playing setup.

Hey Rob!! Hell yeah man, it has been awhile, Im doing great, hope that all is well with you and yours...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by thefyn

View Post

Awesome...You on an Yngwie trip?

Hey Owen, Im a YJM fan for sure but I cant play like him and I dont try to. I just like the feel of Scallops and got a bunch of necks and bodies years ago to put together and forgot all about them for awhile..

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by thefyn

View Post

Awesome...You on an Yngwie trip?

Hey Owen, Im a YJM fan for sure but I cant play like him and I dont try to. I just like the feel of Scallops and got a bunch of necks and bodies years ago to put together and forgot all about them for awhile..

Archived