Possible NGD...which one should I? USA Parker/Old Ibanez content...

LoopQuantum

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

idn_smilie.gif looks the same to me.. and it says it's a 1-piece poplar body

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FlyDlxMB

...yup. They do those "build to order" like my Washburn N7 was, at US music. Much respect to those guys if they're reading, but I'm given to understand that they're not quite what the older ones were. Forgive me for not being more detailed in the last post, was typing from my phone lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bluffalo

View Post

If it's a 2005 fly then it's not a "ken parker era" one.

This part is honestly confusing to me. I get different answers everywhere. I'm given to understand from work contacts that Ken was still involved with Parker for a while after the US Music acquisition, and left later. confused.gif

At any rate, I appreciate the input. I'm still having a hard time deciding lol.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

idn_smilie.gif looks the same to me.. and it says it's a 1-piece poplar body

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FlyDlxMB

...yup. They do those "build to order" like my Washburn N7 was, at US music. Much respect to those guys if they're reading, but I'm given to understand that they're not quite what the older ones were. Forgive me for not being more detailed in the last post, was typing from my phone lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bluffalo

View Post

If it's a 2005 fly then it's not a "ken parker era" one.

This part is honestly confusing to me. I get different answers everywhere. I'm given to understand from work contacts that Ken was still involved with Parker for a while after the US Music acquisition, and left later. confused.gif

At any rate, I appreciate the input. I'm still having a hard time deciding lol.

• Members

Enacting HCAF threadministration rule 77.3©; Member LoopQuantum is hereby restricted from postings involving any manner of NGD (new gear day) or any of the applicable variants (i.e. incoming new gear day, thinking about buying ____, etc.) for reason of excessive gear acquisition beyond the scope of the loosely defined allowable time frame.

In the words of Keith Richards reg. Parker guitars: "Cool guitar man.... but does it have to look like a {censored}ing piece of driftwood."

• Members

Enacting HCAF threadministration rule 77.3©; Member LoopQuantum is hereby restricted from postings involving any manner of NGD (new gear day) or any of the applicable variants (i.e. incoming new gear day, thinking about buying ____, etc.) for reason of excessive gear acquisition beyond the scope of the loosely defined allowable time frame.

In the words of Keith Richards reg. Parker guitars: "Cool guitar man.... but does it have to look like a {censored}ing piece of driftwood."

Archived