PICKS: What do you like???

PuppetOfMasters

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It depends upon the context. In my old band, when I played lead guitar, I would use at least three vastly different picks per show depending upon the song and what I was doing in it.

As a general rule, however, my main ones are...

Dunlop 0.60 (or 0.80 worn down through heavy use) - for acoustic strumming or similar sounds upon guitar.

Dunlop 1.2mm tortex or ultex (when available) - for a bit of everything

3mm Big Stubby - for any sort of lead work over a distorted guitar

The other plectrum I used a lot in my old band was a metal Teckpick. It gave a completely original sound and had more attack than even the big stubby could muster. The trouble was it was such a bitch to play with, as it had zero grip and, as one might expect, zero {censored}ing give. I rarely managed to get a whole song out of it before it sprang from my fingertips, but what a sound... :love:

I tried to get into Jazz threes, and I do own a couple, but I've never got on with them. My style of playing is very loose and I hold my plectrums like Rockin' Rolf, so they just never worked for me. My friends who are far superior guitarists to I swear by them however, so if you're into your shred there's definately something there.

Archived