PICKS: What do you like???

PuppetOfMasters

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

2.0mm been using them for ten years, they were purple now there gray, for me they are perfect not too thick or thin, to each his own but if you haven't tried one check em out.

• Members
Originally posted by
:cool:

Where can you get those ceramic pick boys? i check musicians friend and it says theyre discontinued...

Damn, I just saw a site that had them, they are pretty expensive, but they feel great.

I usually buy them in a local store when I feel rich:)

Try google;)

• Members

I used Dunlop Gators 1,5mm for a while but got turned to Jazz III picks. The size and feel is so different that I lose some ability if I try going back to the previous ones.

Bigger picks tend to always slip away of my fingers.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by psychodave

You and Ralph got me loving these a lot...so much that I had to stop using them and go back to Xtra Heavy Tortoise Shells. I was to the point of putting a pick with my wallet just in case there is an opportunity to jam.

Where can you order them (cool picks)?

• Members

fender mediums, but they wear out really fast but good for pick slides, or jim dumlop 1mm, which are dont wear out and are slightly softer than fender meduims but they shred well, and on the rythm &crunch side arent very different form fender beside being slightly smoother, but that makes em bad for pick slides,

• Members

If you're anything like me, there's just no possible way to commit to just one or even 4 or 5 different picks as all kinds have their place. I found a place where I can get 25 picks for $6. I'd say that's at least a year's supply to me. It's overkill I know. But, variety is the spice of life!

http://www.andale.com/store?view=CAT_HOME&catId=1041087&sid=36201&mode=1

• Members
150px-United_States_dime,_obverse,_2002.

Dimes mostly. This evolved from the fact that a dime is always easier to find than a pick in my house.

Nickels are too thick.... the copper plating on US pennies can't handle string abuse and leaves shavings over time .... and Quarters are too expensive.

This year I have started using picks again but they felt wierd for a while.
Anything that says "heavy". I don't put much thought into picks (or posts).

• Members

Just regular ole' Fender heavy. I loved the ones they made prior to the last decade or so, before they went all california colors and changed the sizing. If you put them up to a current Fender Heavy you can tell that they were made just a few c hairs smaller and had more of a refined, smooth edge. The standard Fender heavy today is bigger and has a scratchier feel on the edge.

Vintage picks rule!

If I can't find a Fender heavy lyin' around, I usually use one of the five picks attached to my right hand.:D

Archived