New Marshall (revised) DSL for 2012

Mesa/Kramer

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I bet it still doesn't sound great unless you crank it. That's my #1 beef with most Marshalls.

As a former DSL owner, I agree that it would need either separate EQ for both channels or a better balance between the two. From what I can remember the biggest issue was bass. If you had the green channel dialed just right, then the red channel had way too little bottom end.

So basically they revised everything that didn't really need revising.

God forbid you turn your amp up. Marshall amps are made to be loud. If you don't want loud, don't buy a Marshall. {censored}, even the Class 5 amp is loud as {censored}. The JVM is the only Marshall that sounds OK at low volumes.

• Members

It's a pity they have made it look like a guff toy.

What would look so much nicer is have the same style faceplate as the 800. Have

D S L 1 0 0

On the right hand side. Maybe slightly smaller to accommodate the greater number of knobs.

Marshalls keep lookin more and more plasticky to me...

The original DSL I think was one of the last designs (non sig) that actually still looked decent.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

HA! I know!  I had an original dsl 40 112 and loved it when it worked.   They put the tubes so far into the chasiss that there was no where for the heat to go, i was on the verge of making my own custom vent like you would see on the heads but then i bought a tsl 60.  I saw this and wondered about the fact they are made in Vietnam?  

Archived