I have a junk car I need to junk... where to junk?

again with this

• Members

Donating it and taking the tax write off will work better for you than whatever cash you can get or trade in value.

For example a car worth $400 or $500 as "trade in value" by the dealer might be valued at $2,000 when donated to a charity...which might equate to $700 off your tax obligation to Uncle Sam if you itemize deductions....and you're helping out a charity.

I don't know of any charities that are going to claim that you gave them a car worth 4-5x what it really is worth.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

If you can drive it, a junkyard will probably give you a couple/few hundred for it. If not, a bunch of charities will haul it off in exchange for a reciept enabling you to claim it as a writeoff. In this case, I would schedule a pickup with a decent charity. Then, I would arrange my full PA just inside my front door. At this point, I would arrange a pick up from Kars4kids. When the guy showed up, I would say, "oh, I'm sorry, I already gave the car to somebody that wasn't an asshole." Then I would blast their idiot {censored}ing jingle through the PA at maximum capacity until his truck was out of sight.

I might do this anyway, come to think of it.

Archived