The Laney Posse! join up!!

StringBreaker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

hi all ! I just bought a TF700 II 120w head from a 2nd hand shop a few days ago , $150, no TF3 footswitch. Got a few questions about it I'd like to ask some Laney gurus while i'm applying for Laney Posse membership if thats awrite .You might be familiar with the complaint " clean channel sounds fine , drive channels sound crap" ? My problem is the drive channels don't seem to have any drive , the drive channels have a volume and gain control knob each , the volume doesn't seem to do anything and the gain knob seems to only turn up the volume , pressing the drive channel selector switches makes a scratchy sound , the drive channel reverb control knob was really stiff to turn 'til i applied a lil oil. Its still playable , just use the clean channel with pedals. What i'd really like to know is where the single 12AX7 is situated in the amp , looking through the panel on the bottom i can sought of make out 2 tube shaped items connected to the circuit board , one seems to have a bigger dollop of glue than the other. I've heard these amps are mod-able , maybe the previous owner tried to mod it and botched it ? any advice would be appreciated , i can also post some pics if that helps.

• Members

hi all ! I just bought a TF700 II 120w head from a 2nd hand shop a few days ago , $150, no TF3 footswitch. Got a few questions about it I'd like to ask some Laney gurus while i'm applying for Laney Posse membership if thats awrite .You might be familiar with the complaint " clean channel sounds fine , drive channels sound crap" ? My problem is the drive channels don't seem to have any drive , the drive channels have a volume and gain control knob each , the volume doesn't seem to do anything and the gain knob seems to only turn up the volume , pressing the drive channel selector switches makes a scratchy sound , the drive channel reverb control knob was really stiff to turn 'til i applied a lil oil. Its still playable , just use the clean channel with pedals. What i'd really like to know is where the single 12AX7 is situated in the amp , looking through the panel on the bottom i can sought of make out 2 tube shaped items connected to the circuit board , one seems to have a bigger dollop of glue than the other. I've heard these amps are mod-able , maybe the previous owner tried to mod it and botched it ? any advice would be appreciated , i can also post some pics if that helps.

• Members

I'd like to apologize for my previous post , I was desperate & confused upon purchase of a new amp that I thought was faulty .

(and I was posting via mobile device which just made things harder )

After further inspection of the amp I found where the tube actually was and have since replaced it with a phillips miniwatt 12AX7 , sounds tops now .

• Members

I'd like to apologize for my previous post , I was desperate & confused upon purchase of a new amp that I thought was faulty .

(and I was posting via mobile device which just made things harder )

After further inspection of the amp I found where the tube actually was and have since replaced it with a phillips miniwatt 12AX7 , sounds tops now .

Archived