StringBreaker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Unstrung

View Post

Ah, good to see this thread is still going.

My Laney is still seeing plenty of use, even though I have a Splawn rig at home.

10717_168752595999_535245999_4368440_567

Those laney amps can take a beating through out the years and still sound and work great! Never had a problem with mine yet since 2002

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Unstrung

View Post

Ah, good to see this thread is still going.

My Laney is still seeing plenty of use, even though I have a Splawn rig at home.

10717_168752595999_535245999_4368440_567

Those laney amps can take a beating through out the years and still sound and work great! Never had a problem with mine yet since 2002

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by -todgemistro-

View Post

Cant believe I ever doubted my love for Laney redface.gif Its been about a month since I got rid of my Blackstar HT5 now and once again I'm incredibly happy with my tone and I seem to be playing more now I'm not faffing around with different amps idea.gif

btw heres my latest clip using the GH50L - http://hc.bloodyvelvet.com/files/254...me%20final.mp3

that's exactly how I felt when i decided to venture out of my VH100R and thought I could get something else as good or better like an Orange Rockerverb50,Marshall DSL, Mesa DR, and Ace. After using those amps during band rehearsals it just didn't have the same feel or sound as the Laney.

Three weeks ago when i took my Laney to my friends house to jam at a party for his Ocktoberfest. I've gotten alot of compliments for my sound. Even some sound guy came up to me and just love the sound. He's been a sound guy for touring bands like Mudvayne and others I can't remember that one of bands used a Diezel and he said that my Laney sounded better.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by -todgemistro-

View Post

Cant believe I ever doubted my love for Laney redface.gif Its been about a month since I got rid of my Blackstar HT5 now and once again I'm incredibly happy with my tone and I seem to be playing more now I'm not faffing around with different amps idea.gif

btw heres my latest clip using the GH50L - http://hc.bloodyvelvet.com/files/254...me%20final.mp3

that's exactly how I felt when i decided to venture out of my VH100R and thought I could get something else as good or better like an Orange Rockerverb50,Marshall DSL, Mesa DR, and Ace. After using those amps during band rehearsals it just didn't have the same feel or sound as the Laney.

Three weeks ago when i took my Laney to my friends house to jam at a party for his Ocktoberfest. I've gotten alot of compliments for my sound. Even some sound guy came up to me and just love the sound. He's been a sound guy for touring bands like Mudvayne and others I can't remember that one of bands used a Diezel and he said that my Laney sounded better.

• Members

i just picked up an ultra rare TT20H on craigslist for 220 bucks!

One of the best sounding little amps i have ever hears. Its so amazing to get big fire breathing gain and still have the thing switched to 10 watt triode mode.

This thing has Modern mode, triode/pentode , 10/20 watts class a/b, LOOONG spring reverb that sounds , welll the best reverb i have ever heard for sure...

fx loop series and parallel.

This thing is awesome, i am now a laney convert.

~mike~

• Members

One of the best sounding little amps i have ever hears. Its so amazing to get big fire breathing gain and still have the thing switched to 10 watt triode mode.

This thing has Modern mode, triode/pentode , 10/20 watts class a/b, LOOONG spring reverb that sounds , welll the best reverb i have ever heard for sure...

~mike~

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by t2mikeman

View Post

~mike~

Killer score!Those TT20H's are so hard to find and usually go for much more than $220.In the meantime,I will have to make due with my sweet little Laney LC15-110 combo.

Ed

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by t2mikeman

View Post

~mike~

Killer score!Those TT20H's are so hard to find and usually go for much more than $220.In the meantime,I will have to make due with my sweet little Laney LC15-110 combo.

Ed

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by EdMan57

View Post

Ed

yeah when i saw it i never even knew it existed! I think they were about 800-1000 dollars new. Its not in perfect condition or anything but , its functionally perfect.

Only thing i dont like is that after opening it up, it seems that some parts of these laneys are designed very very cheaply and other parts very well done. I like that the pots are all metal shafted. But i dont like the flimsy chassis, or the paper thin circuit boards, or that the power tube sockets are really pretty loose.

But hey... it works!

I like the sound so much , i just won a TT100H off of ebay. I DO NOT need another amp but i couldnt resist , it looked like a smokin deal! The seller says it is MINT, and i used the Make an offer button to get it for $600 with free shipping. Seller only has 27 feedbacks, but its all Positive so i figured id take the chance. The price was too good not too.

Anyone want to buy a Valveking 2 months old barely used, Mint condition, (except i removed the faceplates), with the BIAS MOD done to it and a new set of matched EH 6l6's?

$320 bucks shipped.

~mike~

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by EdMan57

View Post

Ed

yeah when i saw it i never even knew it existed! I think they were about 800-1000 dollars new. Its not in perfect condition or anything but , its functionally perfect.

Only thing i dont like is that after opening it up, it seems that some parts of these laneys are designed very very cheaply and other parts very well done. I like that the pots are all metal shafted. But i dont like the flimsy chassis, or the paper thin circuit boards, or that the power tube sockets are really pretty loose.

But hey... it works!

I like the sound so much , i just won a TT100H off of ebay. I DO NOT need another amp but i couldnt resist , it looked like a smokin deal! The seller says it is MINT, and i used the Make an offer button to get it for $600 with free shipping. Seller only has 27 feedbacks, but its all Positive so i figured id take the chance. The price was too good not too.

Anyone want to buy a Valveking 2 months old barely used, Mint condition, (except i removed the faceplates), with the BIAS MOD done to it and a new set of matched EH 6l6's?

$320 bucks shipped.

~mike~

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Iommi is using a Engl Powerball and blabbing about it all in guitar player. Laney needs to come up with a modern high gain tube amp FFS!!

When your #1 most recognized endorser is playing something other than his sig amp, it's time to worry.

• Members

Iommi is using a Engl Powerball and blabbing about it all in guitar player. Laney needs to come up with a modern high gain tube amp FFS!!

When your #1 most recognized endorser is playing something other than his sig amp, it's time to worry.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived