NAD!!

Ovid9

• Members

Thanks to Loop for the hookup on a sweet new amp. :D

Its even kitteh approved already! Crappy pics are crappy as I wanted to play it, not take pictures. :lol:

357lmpe.jpg

34nfig2.jpg

Eerily the captcha for the second pic was "music machine!" :eek:

Anyway, its the Yamaha THR-5. I quit piddling around and ordered one and its here and its pretty darn cool. Messed around with it for about 45 minutes so far and I'm digging it a lot. Just been using my beater Peavey Raptor with some horrific hot rail bridge pickup so far and it sounds plenty good even with that.

For a lot of you guys spending $100 more for the options a THR-10 offers is probably worthwhile, but for me this is going to be just fine.

I ordered this yesterday from Sweetwater btw. Can't say enough good things about Loop and the folks there!

• Members

dumb question, but is this all solid state or is there tubes inside?

Its a little modeling amp. As primeholy said, it has a couple LEDs or something to give it a tube-like glow.

One of the nice features, which I don't have a way of using yet, is USB plug-in to your computer. It allows for more options shaping the models and stuff.

Forumite FastRedPonyCar has some killer demo vids of him messing around with his THR10. It helps he's a killer player, but the amp sounds good too.

• Members

It is!

:D

And this is different from other cats how?
:confused:

Its a little modeling amp. As primeholy said, it has a couple LEDs or something to give it a tube-like glow.

One of the nice features, which I don't have a way of using yet, is USB plug-in to your computer.
It allows for more options shaping the models
and stuff.

Forumite FastRedPonyCar has some killer demo vids of him messing around with his THR10. It helps he's a killer player, but the amp sounds good too.

The only real downside of the THR-5, to me, is that it only has a "tone" knob instead of the 3 band EQ. When you hook it up to a PC and adjust the models to taste, does it save those adjustments to each model on the amp?

• Members

This! I've been gassing for one of these little {censored}ers but, without a job at the moment, it's a while off.

I want the 10 watt version, though.
:cop:

I think they're both the same amp, the "5" just has less features.

PS....I forgot to say Ovid....HNAD!

• Members

I think they're both the same amp, the "5" just has less features.

PS....I forgot to say Ovid....HNAD!

The 10 is also bigger size-wise and we all know that size definitely matters! Oh, and it has bass settings which I need.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived