• 1 month later...
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

my pumpkins tones are uploaded here :

www.myspace.com/soundclips22

i got sick of joining all of these mp3 sites and it taking forever to load them or have them go lo-fi.

i got four of them on there right now...porcelina, jellybelly, ode, and mouths of babes.

these were done about 4 months ago...audio buddy preamp, sm57. let me know what cha think!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi guys i joined the militia the other day !

I use my JMP1 in the return of my Mesa DC2 and it sounds awesome !!

I just think that OD1 needs some more gain.. even at 20 it doesn't sound very distorted sometimes.. Should I buy an overdrive pedal to make the distortion heavier ?

I like tweaking to get new sounds, but I'm not good at getting sounds of other bands..

Can someone post the settings to get sounds similar to:

Engerica (although I managed to get a good sound)

System of a down - Toxicity album

Metallica (albums from "Kill em all" to "Black Album")

Korn

A good nu-metal sound

Thanks in advance

Sorry if my english isn't good, I'm Italian ;)

• Members

Hi guys i joined the militia the other day !

I use my JMP1 in the return of my Mesa DC2 and it sounds awesome !!

I just think that OD1 needs some more gain.. even at 20 it doesn't sound very distorted sometimes.. Should I buy an overdrive pedal to make the distortion heavier ?

I like tweaking to get new sounds, but I'm not good at getting sounds of other bands..

Can someone post the settings to get sounds similar to:

Engerica (although I managed to get a good sound)

System of a down - Toxicity album

Metallica (albums from "Kill em all" to "Black Album")

Korn

A good nu-metal sound

Thanks in advance

Sorry if my english isn't good, I'm Italian
;)

Yo dude,

Yes, OD1 does need some more 'grunt' to it, but it depends what pickups you've got. I've got a Tone Zone in the bridge of my Strat and it's enough when it's being played loud and power amp break up is kicking in. An OD pedal in front works nicely for quieter, but for heavier/dirtier sounds I just tend to use OD2.

As for the sounds you're after (pretty heavy), I'd start with OD2, then :

gain 17 (ish)

bass 3

middle -6

treble 3

presence 3

bass shift on

then adjust the bass and top ends to suit the sound. I think that you might benefit from an EQ pedal to scoop the mids a bit more on OD 2 (rather than a boost pedal on OD 1), as the JMP 1 is a very mid heavy pre-amp (imo).

Let us know how you get on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

hi everybody!

i'm new to this forum, only found it searching the web about my new and beautiful pre-amp!

here goes a photo of my rig

p10106172bx7pl2.jpg

(click on it for full image)

On the photo

Brian Moore i21

Dunlop GCB-95 (w/ true bypass mod)

DIY booster (based on EH linear booster)

EH Small Stone

Nobels CH-D

Digitech Digiverb

*Those 3 go into the effects loop

The 1936 have 2 V30's and is wired in mono (i only use one channel of the peavey).

Up, you can see a '68 JMP Tremolo 50 waiting for a case and technical review!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi, I need to change the tubes on my JMP 1..

I never did things like this, so I want to know if I can change them by myself or if it's better if I give it to a music shop and let them change the tubes for me..

If I can do this by myself, can you explain what I need to do ?

• Members

Hi, I need to change the tubes on my JMP 1..

I never did things like this, so I want to know if I can change them by myself or if it's better if I give it to a music shop and let them change the tubes for me..

If I can do this by myself, can you explain what I need to do ?

I use EH 12ax7s in mine. Great sound.

It's really easy to change them. Use a hex tool to take the cover off the move the metal tube braces out of the way and pull them out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi,

I would like to hear from guys that are plugging the Jmp-1 into a TUBE power amp. I have one although i have not hooked it up. (I plan on getting a marshall 9200 power amp) so I am intersted in hearing what you guys think. Thanks,

Rob

• Members

Hi,

I would like to hear from guys that are plugging the Jmp-1 into a TUBE power amp. I have one although i have not hooked it up. (I plan on getting a marshall 9200 power amp) so I am intersted in hearing what you guys think. Thanks,

Rob

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Bit of a strange request this one.... I've just got hold of a used JMP-1 and am loving it (currently running through the power amp circuit of my Mesa DC-3). However, there are only a couple of screws holding the faceplate to the unit. I'm not sure if these are the original screws (don't think they are) so I'm looking to find out what screws should be holding the unit together. At the moment, there is a gap appearing between the top of the unit and the top-front of the faceplate, where the weight of the back of the unit is pulling it away.

I'm going to remove the JMP from the rack to prevent any further undue stress, but could anybody tell me what sort of screws go in the three holes either side at the front, that help hold the face unit on, and also the screws that go in the top of the face unit?

I could buy a bucket full of random sized screws and try them one after the other, but I'd like to get the right sized screws without ruining the screw thread.

Thanks all for your help!

Steve

Edit: All sorted now. Used some small computer case screws and they fit in perfectly :) Now seems a lot more sturdy in the rack.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

That looks pridy.

JJ's Sound great dont they
:thu:

That 2:Fifty is gone now.:( I sent it to a new owner on wednesday this week. I have a new 2:90 ordered but Mesa didn't know when they will manufacture it.:mad: I'll be without a poweramp until it arrives...

Yes, JJs sound amazing in both of those preamps.

Archived