The all newest PWNED/FAIL/FUNNY pictures thread

Cokeman

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Nxt Lvl View Post
It's as legit as the belief that the whole universe and everything in it created itself out of an infinitely small point of nothingness.
Who believes that?

Oh, I think you mean the big bang.

Maybe learn what the big bang actually says, THEN try and refute.

Good day, asshat.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Sex Panther

View Post

Yeah, it kind of is. You can throw as much scientific data on it as you'd like, but we'll never really know for sure. For now, they're both about as confirmable as the Easter bunny.

No because the big bang theory has math and data to back it up, the easter bunny was made up by some random douche

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarist+

View Post

No because the big bang theory has math and data to back it up, the easter bunny was made up by some random douche

Son, I've taken more physics, math, and general science courses than you can imagine. Bottom line is, it's all unproven. Cannot be proved, since nobody was there. Is it plausable? Sure. But don't throw it out as fact. In all honesty, the only science you CAN throw out as fact is mathematics, and there's a lot more to the big bang theory than that.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jnurp

View Post

is anybody else just not into the idea of this thread anymore after having both of our previous pwnd threads deleted? Im just not into it anymore.

I agree. That's why we're talking about science in it, instead of posting funnies. icon_lol.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Sex Panther View Post
Son, I've taken more physics, math, and general science courses than you can imagine. Bottom line is, it's all unproven. Cannot be proved, since nobody was there. Is it plausable? Sure. But don't throw it out as fact. In all honesty, the only science you CAN throw out as fact is mathematics, and there's a lot more to the big bang theory than that.
Uh, hey asshat. ANY theory of science is unproven. Science doesn't prove things, it supports them. Whether you are talking about evolution, gravity, the big bang, or the law of conservation of mass, it isn't proven, it is just heavily supported.

So don't act like this is unique to the big bang.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Sex Panther

View Post

Yeah, it kind of is. You can throw as much scientific data on it as you'd like, but we'll never really know for sure. For now, they're both about as confirmable as the Easter bunny.

If you're speaking of the idea of a creator in general, you might at least have a rational argument. But if we're talking about the Christian mythos/biblical version, welllll... not so much, I'm afraid. redface.gif

Archived